• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jobseeker's allowance claimants who don't speak English may lose benefits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jobseeker's allowance claimants who don't speak English may lose benefits

we weren't talking about benefits in general, we were specifically discussing JSA.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Jobseeker's allowance claimants who don't speak English may lose benefits

We have Chinese friends with dual nationality. They have just had a baby who is gorgeous, BUT they are bringing her up to speak only Cantonese. To me this is not only absolutely ridiculous when one of the parents speaks totally fluent English, and we have had the discussion several times already that in three years time when little Emily goes to school as a non-English speaker, she is going to be severely, and unnecessarily disadvantaged.

I do not consider myself racist and have friends of all races, but if they come to this country, I do think they ought to make an effort to speak the language. How often do we read posts on here about getting through to foreign call centres etc....? It would appear that soon we are going to be facing the same language barriers and frustrations in the shops on our high streets.

I am also amazed by the immigration agency. Last year I reported a foreign alien I believe the correct terminology is (illiegal immigrant) with address and everything. What was done? Absolutely nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X