• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spending Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending Review

Greetings All,

I have the full Spending Review Doc here not sure if this is the right forum so be my guest mods and put elsewhere if not.

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/spend_..._documents.htm

Discuss, debate

PF
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Tags: None

Re: Spending Review

Thanks for popping that up hun, I'll leave it for someone to put it up in PIL before I attempt to digest it.

Comment

The banking sector
      1.73 The Government wants the UK to be one of the most competitive global centres for
      financial services. But it is only right that during difficult times, steps are taken to ensure that the
      banks make a full and fair contribution. The Government is taking forward its announcement in
      the Budget of a Bank Levy as an additional and permanent tax on the industry and will publish
      draft legislation on 21 October, following a consultation with industry over the Summer. Final
      legislation will follow before the end of the year. Once fully in place, the Government expects the
      Levy to generate around £2.5 billion of annual revenues, higher in net terms than the previous
      government’s payroll tax. Working with international partners, the Government is committed to
      taking forward work on a Financial Activities Tax on profits and remuneration.
      1.74 To ensure that banks make a fair and growing contribution to the public finances as the
      economy recovers, the Government will continue to monitor tax receipts from the banking
      sector. As part of this, the Government expects the banking sector to comply with both the letter
      and the spirit of the law and not to engage in or promote tax avoidance. The Government has
      asked HMRC to work with the banking sector to secure their adoption and implementation of
      the Code of Practice on Taxation by the end of November.
      1.75 The Government welcomes that the British Bankers’ Association and six major banks have
      announced a package of industry led measures to improve access to finance for businesses as
      a response to the Finance Green Paper. This includes a £1.5 billion Business Growth Fund to
      provide capital to established and growing small businesses, which is an important first step
      welcomed by the Government.

sigpic

Comment

20 October 2010
        Spending Review documents

On this page you can download the Spending Review 2010 document; either in a complete PDF or individual chapters. Supplementary documents are also available for download below.

The Spending Review and supplementary documents are available in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer you can download the software free of charge from the Adobe website. For alternative ways to read PDF documents and further information on website accessibility visit the HM Treasury accessibility page.
        Spending Review document

Supplementary documents

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Must say I don't have any problems with any of it.

I got a stupid pointless letter from my council today about council tax. They haven't put it on their usual watermarked 100gsm paper with 3 colour print logo (as they usually do for pointless letters) - just a tesco value sheet of paper with a printed black and white logo.

I'll still pay the bill.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The press notices give quite a good overview of the measures if you don't want to wade through all the multiple full docs.

Spending Review 2010: Press notices (PDF 506KB)

Comment

Wish they'd apply this nice ethical standpoint to other areas

This is a fair way of reducing the deficit, ensuring that those on lower incomes are not subsidising those better off.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

The way I see it we are funding most of the world at the moment, 250 billion to India the fourth richest nation, 160 million to Pakistan, god knows how much to China, Russia and then there's the African Nations too. Then we are subsidising most of Europe as well. Don't get me wrong, in better times I wouldn't complain, but at the moment we are giving money away to the detriment of our own people and its got to stop.
                Most of these nations have nuclear weapons and space programmes, so why the hell are we sending them help if they can afford them?
                This country is nearly bankrupt and we are giving money away, if we didn't, we could have funds for better education facilities, hospitals, have more police, help the elderly more and many other things.
                They talk about making this a better place for our kids but then they a giving away their future by sending the money overseas, I'm sorry but I'm a firm believer of the old saying that charity begins at home, and its here we need it first and foremost.
                I tell you, lets all cry help together and see how many of those countries send millions over here to help us, yeah like feck they will.
                But no, all this government and those before are interested in is looking big to the rest of the world by sending them money.
                I'm not racist by any means but enough is enough, we also have to close the borders and stop giving housing to those without passports, stop assylum and when a passenger rips up his papers make the airline/ferries take them back to the place they came from.
                Mark my words (as my old mum used to say) there will be a lot of people ****ed off at all of this and there will be uprisings in the streets and shed loads of trouble.
                Last edited by Sapphire; 22nd October 2010, 15:43:PM.

Comment

Agreed we are not the country we once were so stop acting it and as for uprisings the protests have already started in london ok not as big as in france but eventually the british will crack

As for the french they have brought there country to its knees just over there retirerment age going up to 62 jeez they dont f*** about

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X