• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is another bank in trouble?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is another bank in trouble?

A major global bank has declared the full extent of the damage caused by the international credit crisis

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/ar...mentid=6291917

News has emerged that Citigroup has suffered £2.93 billion of writedowns and losses due to the credit crunch. The expected 60% fall in third-quarter earnings has prompted some to call for the resignation of Citigroup chief executive Chuck Prince.
    In July, while it was becoming apparent that liquid capital was drying up in the money markets, Price said to the Financial Times: "When the music stops, in terms of liquidity, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing."
    The remark drew fire as bankers were belatedly starting to be more risk-averse.
    The extent of the writedown has not yet affected Citigroup's share price, which was up 2.43% at the close of trading yesterday. Various stock market analysts have said that Citigroup's expected £2 billion profits will help sustain the company's share price.
    More banks are expected to report this summer's financial difficulties in their quarterly reports.
    Credit Suisse and UBS have already reported on the damage caused by the liquidity crisis in the markets. Both investment banks issued profit warnings, though their share prices recovered as traders hoped that the full damage has now been quantified and mitigated.
    UBS confirmed it would post pre-tax losses between £250 million and £334 million. The losses are expected to lead to 1,500 job cuts in London and New York.
    Credit Suisse are expected announce a profit warning of £543 million for the third quarter and analysts expect a similar warning from Deutsche Bank.
    The latest news may put a further squeeze on corporate borrowing, which is now being offered under strict conditions.
    On the other hand, consumer lending is likely to remain unchanged. The Bank of England's recent report on credit conditions found that the availability of secured credit to households was unchanged over the three months to mid-September. "Despite recent turbulence in financial markets, they expected the availability of secured credit to remain largely unchanged over the next three months," the report said.

Re: Is another bank in trouble?

Golly!!!! One by one they are falling down!!
    Can it really be to do with us campaigners fighting back????
    Vive la revolution lolmsl:

Comment

oh my heart bleeds - always the kindest most helpful concientious of banks that gets in trouble isnt it msl:msl:

and what a durrrr thing for the Cheif Exec to say "But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing."

:dance: :dance::dance:
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry to **** on everyone bonfires but.....................

While ever there are major financial institutions in trouble like this , the Government will always use the taxpayers money to bail them out .

Don`t see them doing the same for the taxpayer when they are in trouble though do you????:devil:
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Citigroup chief executive Chuck Prince
          I'm sure I've got some dodgy videos with him in them!!!

Comment

Not dressed as a plumber .................
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Not diy dan is it????? :roll:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X