• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tuttsi's In The Paper Re Cmc's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuttsi's In The Paper Re Cmc's.

Here's the article in the News of the World re dodgy CMC's and there's a lovely piccie of our own Tuttsi.

Well done hun !

Families are being ripped off by dodgy claims companies | News | News Of The World

Re: Tuttsi's In The Paper Re Cmc's.

Well done Tuttsi

Comment

well done tutts, you look lovely too.

bit of a shallow piece but then it is NotW, hopefully will make people think twice before handing over their personal info to cold callers.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi everyone

Yes it was a shadow piece as I hardly had an interview, it was over the phone. I was then talking to Nattie yesterday and said I bet they will fill in the blanks.... as they only asked for me to send the blog from the BBC 1 articleand yes that is exactly what they did and have added a few of their own words.

But hey ho, the message is there and the article is correct and peeps should be aware and I hope that the message is getting accross to consumers who are being pressurised into parting with their money.

They did send a photographer to meet me at the office where I work and took about 20 shots. I was told they had to be serious shots - hence no smiles. The photographer has promised to send me all the pictures.

Tuttsi

Comment

“Experts warn that in most cases people cannot wriggle out of their debts”

Well the 'experts' I've spoken & debated with on this subject many times disagree. In fact the main consensus is that because of a change in finance industry practices since the CCA 1974 was introduced most (& that's a hell of a lot) pre Apiril 2007 agreements ARE unenforceable as they ignore many of the fundamental rules of the 74 Act sec 127 being the main one - It's for this reason & to placate their city mates that this government revoked sec 127

Whilst I'm all for protecing the consumer (I wouldn't be here & otr if I wasn't) I think we need to very careful about accepting the propaganda being supported by lenders & government. For the likes of CAB to claim most such debts can be enforced is just a plain lie & I'm afraid they know it - they certainly do in some part of the managment of CAB as they have had lectures on this very subject - I know cos I was there

Comment

I agree - their are many unenforceable agreements out there and people should be aware of that...its difficult to protect the consumers from ambulance chasers whilst saying but yes they are right you can get your debt written off if you use the law correctly but you can do it yourself or by using a solicitor (who assess your agreements for free like stephensons etc) use people who know the law and how to use it to your benefit rather than use you to make a quick buck.

I do think 80% is too high, I know Curlyand most others more knowledgeable than I think the figure is higher.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

possibly an interesting thread OTR re legibility issues - Just back from Court - The Consumer Forums
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I agree Ame but people like CAB need to stop saying it's doubtful debtors will get their debt written off when we know different

Comment

aye, i don't understand CAB sometimes, they send their 'staff' on training courses specifically about the CCA (the first one i went on was made up mainly of CaB peeps), so they know it works etc, but i guess they have to go with the official line. how longs it take them to get around to telling 'clients' they can reclaim chagres, and all the bloomin free 'official' debt agencies like CCJs to go through undefended and rubber stamped.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

It might be an idea to ask CAB to support their assertions that it's unlikely agreements are unenforceable with accurate figures............ or confirm the source of their advice................ you know I bet there isn't any......... it's an assumption..........& it's being done in order to hoodwink consumers into thinking they have to pay up............... I suppose CABs argument would be that if they were to say most are not enforceable then they would be responsible for bringing the finance industry to it's knees as even those debtors NOT in difficulty would be scrutinizing their agreements & as a result also refusing to pay..........nevertheless CAB's sole duty it to the ordinary citizen not business & they should act as such - Anyway haven't we as tax payers done enough bailing out the finance industry from it's own goals & to be doing it again is adding further insult to injury
                    Last edited by righty; 22nd June 2009, 09:09:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X