• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum suffering from losses - job 'cull' likely

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum suffering from losses - job 'cull' likely

Intrum warns of job cull - 29/05/2009

Debt collection agency Intrum Justitia is likely to cut jobs in its UK Credit Management Services (CMS) business to halt losses in the division.

In a statement released today, Intrum said it has carried out an extensive review of its operations in the UK and concluded that the CMS business would require substantial improvements and investments in order to stop the continuing losses. Last year Intrum posted losses of over £9m in the UK and Ireland. Since the end of April it has been reviewing all CMS contracts with the aim of improving profitability.

As a result, the company has decided to reduce its operational capacity "to re-align it with the CMS client base going forward". The statement went on: "This means that the current number of roles required in Intrum Justitia's CMS business is likely to reduce, effectively putting jobs in CMS at risk of redundancy."

Intrum Justitia is now undergoing formal consultation with staff on the issue. The news follows the departure of regional manager for the UK and Ireland Chris Savage. Savage had only been with the business for a few months but resigned after an unauthorized press release was issued in the UK with false information – including the suggestion that Intrum would be recruiting 100 people this year.

Group chief executive Lars Wollung recently told Credit Today the debt purchase side of the business is performing well but CMS is pulling it down. "We’ve been working for at least four years to try and fix the problem," he said. "We’ve improved productivity and reorganized – moving the staff to one location. We’ve worked hard but have not reached the goal of profitability."

He said Intrum would be talking to its 25 major CMS clients in the UK to see what could be done. "We believe we have structural skills and advantages as the European leader. [But] the UK industry dynamic in CMS is different – clients are very focused on the commission rate rather than how much money is coming in."

from Credit Today online

wish they would sort their site out really annoys me
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Intrum suffering from losses - job 'cull' likely

I hope they don't go into Administration before I have had my fun with them

Comment

There is a tiny part of me that is sympathetic to the 'bloody infantry' whose only role was to process the day to day crap produced by the account managers, ho hum
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

It couldn't happen to a more fitting bunch of ******s - I found them impossible to deal with at the best of times & their breaches of OFT guidelines are legendary such as continually phoning people at work etc

Comment

Intrim are one of the companies that the Department for Work and Pensions use to collect overpayments.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/debtmanagement/chart_services.asp

I hope they are not let anywhere near HMRC new pilot scheme

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/agents/dm-pilot.htm

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X