• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance liquidation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance liquidation

Just received a letter from Welcome Finance that they are planning to enter into liquidation on the 16th of Dec 2019
    Tags: None

And your legal question is?

Comment

Have an issue with them as they have sold a secured loan to Coast,
      They are now going to repurchase the debt and apply the ppi claim to the account ( which is a different account from the ppi claim )
      If they repurchase the account what will happen when they go into liquidation with the secured loan account

Comment

Read the company's annual report - It can be viewed and downloaded from companies house. This is a liquidation that has been openly planned since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by mejohnboy View Post
          Just received a letter from Welcome Finance that they are planning to enter into liquidation on the 16th of Dec 2019
          We had the same letter along with an invitation to a meeting of creditors. Already know it's unlikely us poor abused customers are unlikely to get anything as if the statement of account is correct they have no assessts
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Just come home and had this letter, it says it won’t be collecting any more money off me, does anyone know what happens to the charge on my house because I had a secured loan?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
              Just come home and had this letter, it says it won’t be collecting any more money off me, does anyone know what happens to the charge on my house because I had a secured loan?
              The same letter from the liquidators, says the same but they changed the alleged loan to a mortgage and used the name ' Prestige Finance" seems the wove a really tangled web, a matter of wait and see, they would have to " prove' Some how we were liable I think.

Comment

In their latest statement of affairs they have entered the book debt as something like £54million with expected returns of £0 on it.

With the secured charge you should be able to write to the liquidators and ask them to remove the charge from your property now they have confirmed they will not be enforcing the charge or collecting on any remaining balance of the loan.

Originally posted by KPMG
                Prior to the Joint Liquidators' appointment, outstanding loan balances due to Welcome Finance were frozen with effect from 31 October 2019 and no further interest and charges will accrue.

We will not be collecting (or taking steps to pursue) any outstanding loan balances due to Welcome Finance as at the date of liquidation (16 December 2019) and no payments should be made against loan balances.

The Joint Liquidators are in the process of contacting customers identified as having a potential redress claim against Welcome Finance, providing further information on how to submit a claim in the liquidation.
                Customers who have already made a redress claim against Welcome Finance will also being contacted as part of this process.

If you wish to make a claim against the Company, you must submit your claim using a proof of debt form (available to download at the link below) by the claim submission deadline, being 31 March 2020.
                Contact info*
                E-mail:
                wfsl@kpmg.co.uk
                Just like when you send us a letter through the post, we can receive e-mails - so
                long as it’s secure.
                What information do we need to identify you?
                To make sure there are no delays processing your query, please supply a minimum of three of the list below when you contact us:

- Full name (if you have changed your name since you had your loan with us, make sure to include proof of this)
                - Your date of birth
                - Your most recent address, and a list of any previous addresses that we may hold (this could be up to 20 years of address history)
                - Any of your account numbers or customer numbers (if your request is specific, make sure you let us know which loan you would like information on - you can always call us if you’re not sure).

DogTired, I don't know where Prestige Finance fit in, does your letter say exactly the same as the Welcome Finance letter but referring to mortgage and Prestige finance instead of Loan and Welcome Finance ? I can't see anything on the KMPG site or Companies House ( I'm probably just being thick somewhere on this )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  In their latest statement of affairs they have entered the book debt as something like £54million with expected returns of £0 on it.

With the secured charge you should be able to write to the liquidators and ask them to remove the charge from your property now they have confirmed they will not be enforcing the charge or collecting on any remaining balance of the loan.

Contact info

DogTired, I don't know where Prestige Finance fit in, does your letter say exactly the same as the Welcome Finance letter but referring to mortgage and Prestige finance instead of Loan and Welcome Finance ? I can't see anything on the KMPG site or Companies House ( I'm probably just being thick somewhere on this )
                  Our letter says the same and does not mention Prestige. It was a few years ago we had the letter from Welscum changing from a secured loan to Mortgage and name to Prestige. (Still got it somewhere)! You have to bear in mind that at this time they had not proved the alleged account existed and tried with collection via**Mucky Hall and could not find any signed paper work. Think it's best to let sleeping dogs lie!

Comment

You're probably right there !
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello, people! I have an unusual question. Considering you're talking about loans - can I have a legal right to take a loan when I'm out of my country? I mean, if I need money in Portugal real quick, can I take it from a local loan company, or citizenship is obligativitate in this case? I'm in the Portugal right now and have some financial problems. One of my friends here said that grupeer portugal can give me money real quick and without questions, but I'm not sure, if I can take money from local company.
                      Last edited by MrSandman; 5th February 2020, 17:19:PM.

Comment

acmarket
                        https://noxofficial.site/
                        https://acmarkets.xyz/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X