• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr

I would like any suggestions regarding an inheritance that my children should receive which is an amount of £15000 to £20000 to be split between 5 of them as their mum passed 6 years ago so her inheritance from her mum who passed just over two years ago their Nan passes to them

The problem is the executor the mum’s brother has never written to them has sold the main asset a property & has not produced any accounts even though has been asked several times.

He has changed his phone number email is never answered very difficult to find & as far as we know is self employed & lives in another part of the U.K. & don’t have an address
    The address he applied for probate from has been sold is there a legal requirement for him to tell the probate people where he now lives

Although to the children it is a substantial amount if they have to employ solicitors it is not a lot & I would worry that it could cost more than the amount due

Any advice would be welcome as they had the heartbreak of losing their mum when so young & now a family member seems to be taking advantage for his own personal gain

Tags: None

The wording of the will has to be allowed for. Normally the predecease of a benficiary terminates that gift. Words are frequently asdded to achieve the case you suggest, but it cannot be assumed.

Comment

They are definitely beneficiaries I want any suggestions about how to get the executor to show how much is in the estate & when he will give what is owed

Comment

The beneficiaries may ask the executor to provide an account of the estate and his dealings with it.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X