• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

late fathers estate, step brother involved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: late fathers estate, step brother involved

update.

pru now trying to contact claimant. when asked why they paid out, was told he seems to have made a claim to executorship.

land registry have done the transfer and im just waiting for the paper work to arrive.

Barclays phoned me back after i gave them the weekly kick. it seems they are investigating my complaint i made to the FSO. hope there not using this as an excuse to dodge around for a few weeks and then say ill have to make a small claims court claim.

Comment

Don't expect miracles timewise.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

im hoping to get the house sorted in the next week or two.

Comment

I just had a worrying thought, after reading another thread. what if hes run up debts against my late fathers estate and or property address. I assume im covered against people claiming on me as administrator?

Comment

You are a worrier.

If HE has run up debts, they are HIS debts.
            He has no authority with reference to your father's estate, and has no standing so cannot do whatever it is that you have decided to worry about.

Just proceed with your tasks, and don't anticipate scenarios outside your control.

Comment

it was more from the point of view that I might find I get several debt collection agency chasing my step brother and only finding me might think im a better bet at getting money out of. hes lived there nearly 3 years he could have potentially even used my Dads name.

Comment

You are having nightmares.
                IF he has run up debts in your father's name he will have done this after your father's death and this will be easily proved.
                Your father's estate will have no liability for those debts, DCAs are not to be feared and he will have dug himself a very large hole

Comment

The DCAs will not be chasing you you are not liable personally.

If he has incurred debts AFTER the death they cannot pursue the estate he will be liable to the debt and to proscecution not you all this is spinning around your head take the advice given by others this guy is in for a lot of trouble but first you must sort it all out so you have control of the estate

Comment

Land Registry have sent the title absolute to me today. Yay a bit of brightness at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

do you think I can get house insurance on it now?

Comment

yep - land title in your name!

Comment

only problem is how to fill out the form. technically its occupied, but not by the right person, if you see what I mean :tinysmile_twink_t2: .

Comment

seriously guys how can I insure it?

Comment

How about talking to a Broker regarding advice on this problem area??

Comment

hadn't thought of that. I normally just use the internet to get insurance. one thought I had was to just go through the form and state it has one adult living there, not sure if they could then back out in the event of a claim though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X