• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor problem

Hi
    My Daughters Grandmother made a will which has been granted probate.
    Her Father died years ago but her Grandmothers will includes him as an equal share the same as his other 3 siblings ie; it passes to his 2 children.
    In her Will it states ‘house legacy’ and names only one of the siblings.
    Her residual estate is to be shared in equal amounts between the 3 siblings (Daughters deceased Dad being one ).
    Everything has already gone and been taken by the eldest Daughter… Her car , the entire content of the house etc all gone before she even applied for Probate which was granted last week almost 12 months after the Grandmothers death.
    Is there something I could be overlooking with regards my Daughter getting anything at all ?
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

des8 Can you take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Your daughter will have to apply to the executor for a full inventory and accounting of the estate.
      This probably won't be available until probate has been concluded.
      If she then suspects the inventory is not complete, eg the car or house contents are not listed, she may be able to take action against the executor.

In the meantime she could apply for a copy of the grant of probate (https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate) as that will show the gross and net declared value of the estate

Comment

Hi , probate has been granted.
        Would it be possible to private message you ?

Comment

We dont like private messages here, the whole point of the forum is so everyone can learn from the experience of others.

Comment

Jan777 as EnglandPi PMs are not encouraged, but sometimes posters don't feel able to go public (albeit anonymous) so I do reluctantly accept PMs

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              Jan777 as EnglandPi PMs are not encouraged, but sometimes posters don't feel able to go public (albeit anonymous) so I do reluctantly accept PMs
              Agree, unavoidable at times.

Comment

Des-8 I stand corrected.

Comment

This is an open forums, therefore any back door action is against against open forums. Behind scene's needed then best posters go see solicitors, as followers left guessing it completely loose interest??? Has been the case for years on sites cuts out behind scene's solicitors creating clients without others knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    This is an open forums, therefore any back door action is against against open forums. Behind scene's needed then best posters go see solicitors, as followers left guessing it completely loose interest??? Has been the case for years on sites cuts out behind scene's solicitors creating clients without others knowledge
                    Depends how it is handled, listened to in PM, advice posted on the thread / forum.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X