• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgement call on will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgement call on will

I wanted an unbiased opinion. Both of my parents and my Imcle co-owned a home. They all passed within 14 months. I have been taking care of the three of them the last 4 years. My father had me make up a will as I see fit. I left his interest in the house equally to me and my brother. My uncle, who was a bachelor, left his interest in the house solely to me. His reason - I was the only person who took care of him, visited him, etc. He has other nephews but has had no contact with them at all in 25+ years, including my brother. When my brother came home before my dad’s passing he did not go to visit my uncle. Here’s the question - my brother feels he is getting half of the entire proceeds from selling the house. I had told him about my uncles will, yet when speaking he said that he feels I should keep an extra $10,00 for my troubles. I have taken care of them, and dealt with all of the arrangements, bills, etc. I supported half the house for over 18 months and laid out over $20,000 with no financial help from him except for $2500.00 and he makes more than I do. I was going to give him some of my uncles money but I don’t feel I should feel guilty if I don’t split the proceeds 50/50. Also he never had any contact with me until this happened, then he started calling, sending me a x-mas gift, etc. Am I wrong?
    Tags: None

If your uncles will clearly states his share of the property should go solely to you, it should go solely to you. What you do thereafter is up to you.

Did your father, mother and your uncle own the property as tenants in common with specific shares ? What happened with your Mothers share ? Did that go to your Father ? Did she have a will ?

also, are you in the U.K.?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

A little bit concerned that you say you;' made up your father's will'. Did he sign it in the presence of 2 independent witnesses who were not beneficiaries?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X