• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

solicitor and privacy terms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solicitor and privacy terms

can a solicitor break confindentailty and privacy terms my dad lleft a will and went for reading at the solicitors and asked to have a private word without my sister there and ony asked about the estate and how long it would be and that because I owe a family member some money to get my dog out the kennels and the solicitor has repated what I asked and told her to my sister and the solicitor has broken my privacy terms and now I want to ry and complain to the firm that the solicitor has done please help cause I don't know what to do pleases
    Tags: None

Hi Nikki2019,
    Sorry to hear of your loss and the subsequent issue you have. So you attended the solicitors to hear what the Will said is that correct?
    Who is the executor of the Will? Who instructed the solicitors regarding the Will or are they the executors?
    This will make a difference. If you have not instructed the solicitor yourself then it is relevant who has as their duty is to them.
    If you stated you did not wish them to discuss what you had spoken about they should have informed you of their duties to the estate including executor and beneficiaries if they are instructed or at the least confirmed they would need to discuss what was spoken about.
    The relevant issue here is who are the solicitors acting for?
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

hi sorry not got back to you me and my sister are the executors of my dads will but my sister is the was the one who contacted her after he died on the day he died I didn't know which firm it was because I wasn't at my dads at the time off the will being made and I just need to know if I have asked for a private word with the solicitor with out my sister being there and the solicitor has broken my confidentailty cause asked the solicitor a question and I got my reply but then I explained to her that I needed this asap cause I had to borrow money off a family member to get my dog out kennels and the solicitor told my sister is this and need to know if the solicitor has broken confidentiality with me please thanks

Comment

hi again please can some help me again because me and my sister signed papers to have the money released from the insurance for the will and that was 4 weeks ago and now being told they have had to apply for probate please can some one explain theres no property only insurance money from a pension and also can someone tell me if the insurance has to keep hold off it do we still get the intrest on it and also can someone also please explain the probate to me please cause there is a will and theres no property involved in the will and also please can some tell me how much an estate has to be before probate and is it right after the probate the solicitor can keep the estate for 6 -12 months after the probate has been issused please help thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Peridot View Post
          Hi Nikki2019,
          Sorry to hear of your loss and the subsequent issue you have. So you attended the solicitors to hear what the Will said is that correct?
          Who is the executor of the Will? Who instructed the solicitors regarding the Will or are they the executors?
          This will make a difference. If you have not instructed the solicitor yourself then it is relevant who has as their duty is to them.
          If you stated you did not wish them to discuss what you had spoken about they should have informed you of their duties to the estate including executor and beneficiaries if they are instructed or at the least confirmed they would need to discuss what was spoken about.
          The relevant issue here is who are the solicitors acting for?
          hi there me and my sister are the executors off the will but my dads next door neighbour intstructed them to come out and my dads next door neighbour is friends with the solicitor for his estate yet we are waiting for insurance now so just wandering how long coud it take now to come through the will could cost anything from £1999 to £2498 for estimated 12 to 15 hours work that's what the solicitor said in a letter and we have not been told how much me and my sister are getting cause theres been 11 grandkids been left money to as well also we had paid probate because apparently the new system had not been up and running from april ths year and the solicitor didn't know when the system was gunna be up and running please advise thanks

Comment

how long does an insurance company take to pay out for the will please can someone tell me because probate is back and now we have been told we are waiting for the insurance company to payout and the solicitor know how much me and my sister would be getting by now to and one more thing I don't understand why probate has been paid because under the new system estate worth under 50 grand is no fee for probate and the old system its over 5 grand so please can any one help me to understand probate went in 24th may 2019 and the new system for probate went in april so can anyone help understand this please thanks

Comment

also as well my dad was on pension credit to but he had a pension from when he worked at a place years ago but yet solicitor is taking her fees out this estate would my dad not be entileited to leagal fees for a will or not to please help cause I know leagal help is available on certain benefits I know my dad aint here any more but would he still be entilited to leagal help or not please help cause I haven't got a clue

Comment

Hi Nikki2019,
                unfortunately legal aid would not be available to your dad after his death. If the estate has money to deal with then the solicitors will take their fee if they have been instructed to deal with the estate.
                As far as the insurance policy is concerned many insurers will insist on a grant being obtained before making any payment to the beneficiaries, it will also depend on whether your father had nominated beneficiaries or whether the money is paid to the estate to be distributed.
                As executors the solicitors will be taking instructions from both you and your sister so they should have provided you with an estimate of the costs to deal with the estate for you. It is always worth negotiating, particularly if you are obtaining much of the information needed, dealing with house clearance etc.
                I hope this helps.
                I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

My sister dealt with his rented house from local housing and my sister
                  Knows how much amounts are in my dad's estate to I only got told at the will reading how much was in the estate the solicitor didn't give a proper figure and probate has been granted weeks ago and still waiting on insurance/pension to be paid out so everyone in the will can be paid last time I spoke to solicitor was 3/4weeks ago n probate was back so why hasn't the insurance /pension been paid out yet for my Dad's will to be paid out

Comment

My dad made his will 2 days before he died by this solicitor my dad died on 29th March n his will was made 27th March 2019 so it should off been through by now my Dad's estate and figures should off been worked out whats left after everything is paid for me and my sister and the solicitor has not done this

Comment

After probate is returned it can take 6-9 months for distribution to take place. IF the estate is simple ( and it sounds like your Dad's was - just bank account, pension, insurance ?) it can be sorted within 3 months. All you can do is keep in contact with the executors to see how things are progressing. Was there a large amount of money in the bank account that would cover all the costs easily ? If so you could, with your sister, ask if an interim payment can be made while the insurance/pension etc side is sorted out. Interim payments are reclaimable by the estate if anything changes before the final distribution figures though, so bear that in mind.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I dont get on with my sister so no chance off me keeping in touch with her because off family problems from the past n that my sister rang up the solcitor and asked for a interim payment which cost us 30 pound n its gunna cost ys mire in the long run but there was 40 odd grand in my dads pension pot n about 1300 in his bank account which solicotors fees n funeral cost and bills for his house has to come out off he also left a grand each to all grandchildren to as well which my sister has 6 i have 3 n my brother has 2 which my brother is no longer with us he died in 2017 and. My dad left his neighbour 2 grand as well. So i dont know proper figures from all this i can say only what i have been told from.the solicitor thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X