• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Late Mothers Accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Mothers Accounts

Hi, I finally received the Accounts for my Late Mothers Estate. I have posted before about the length of time it has taken but finally here.
    it states “ please date and sign the set of accounts you approve” the version headed “second draft” will only form the basis of estate distribution if all 3 Resdiuary Beneficiaries unanimously agree.
    if all thre residuary beneficiaries do not agree, then distribution will take place in accordance with the other set of draft accounts( not marked second draft)

why unearth are there 2 sets of accounts?

they are also conditional upon myself providing us with the items of jewellery currently in his possession, when he returns his set of approved accounts.
    i was given my moms 4 rings at her funeral, I only have 2 now as I gave the other 2 to my brother, I am willing to send the 2 back but my brother will never part with his,Ever!
    is this almost blackmail asking for something else we won’t distribute?
    what if one of the other beneficiaries never signs either set of accounts?
    this nightmare continues on and on and on.
    would you recommend I go see a Solicitor ?
    just a nightmare , so anxious and stressed I’ve had counselling and on anti depressants because of thi, Solicitors know as I’ve kept them informed.

thank you
    Tags: None

Hello, can anyone give me some advice on the above post please, I'm at my wits end with this
    Thank you

Comment

Hi, can anyone assist with the above please?

Comment

Hi,
        I've been told by the Executor that until all the legacys are paid out(2 remaining, one who lives in Dubai)
        That the Solicitors will not finalise the accounts because of interest being earnt, which is only pennies, and pay out any of the Benefiaries,.
        Can they do this?
        What legal reason is there?
        Why can they not just keep the £2000 in the account for the legacys until they send in ID?
        Thank you

Comment

I'll tag Peridot for you, hopefully she'll get chance to look in as she knows the back story of your case.

Did you sign either set of the accounts and send them back? Do you know what the others did? And did you take in the rings that you still had possession of ?

The solicitors won't be delaying things to earn interest at all, they don't get the interest on the estate, it gets distributed with the residual estate so it sounds like the executor is trying to blame the solicitors for the delay to redirect concerns. I do think it is worth you going to see a solicitor - you want to bring this to a close as it has been dragging on for a long long time.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes all three beneficiaries have signed, my brother a separate agreement, all 4 rings are now with the Solicitors. 5 of the legacys have been paid out, one should be sorted out in the next week, the other lives in Dubai.
            Is there a legal reason they cannot pay out to the three Benefiaries keeping £2000 in the account for the 2 remaining legacies.?
            The Solicitors say they haven't finalised the accounts because interest needs to be added, because they haven't paid out the 2 legacies, we're talking pennies,
            Do we have to wait indefinitely for the legacys to be paid first, what if they never get confirmation of ID?
            Thank yoj

Comment

Hi, can anyone throw some light on the above question please?
              Thank yiu

Comment

Hi, can anyone help with the above please?

Comment

Hi, I have received the final accounts from the solicitors, the bill is, £19833.00 omg, do I need to ask for a complete breakdown of their charges? Do I need to go through thier complaints procedure before I go to the Ombudsman?
                  Thank you

Comment

Hi, can anyone answer me above query please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X