• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Apple refusing to give access to my deceased fathers appleid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as someone who is unable to get in to her own iCloud after having an email hacked (tried every way known to man) I can empathise with you.

I have basically lost every photo I took since 2013 when I got my first Iphone!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Hi paulajanye, thanks for your interest and I really do appreciate your interest, it's not a matter of resetting the iPad, i could have done that months ago. Any suggestions are useful but google isn't a panaceum. I know my tech pretty well ( I anticipated some of the responses in my very first post), but the core argument is Apple not allowing me legal access to the data stored in my fathers name or appleID (in The United Kingdom of GB&NIre) unless I take them to court. As it happens I servred them today!

Comment

Depending on who the email provider was they maybe able to reinstate the email address as a mail only account, this will also depend on the amount of time that has been lapsed.
        Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
          Depending on who the email provider was they maybe able to reinstate the email address as a mail only account, this will also depend on the amount of time that has been lapsed.
          Thanks for input but that was literally the start of the problem xxxx@freeserve.co.uk got sold to orange, who i then believe shut down the service in june/july 2017. Absolutely no way of getting to access the email account

Believe me and i have reiterated several times, if there was a clever tech way of fixing this I WOULD KNOW. I am now at the legal stage of apple allowing me access to data stored, but not owned by them. An analogy would be if you lost a key to a safety deposit box. They need the correct permission to supply me with a new key.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
            Sorry, just noted your caveat about being wrong on multiple occasions, is that not actually unhelpful? I am sure the person(s) would appreciate a little more confidence in any reply?

Comment

The court security staff are well known for being slightly over cautious, but I suppose better that than anything happened. I hope you do actually get your penknife back. I can understand them not just giving it back on the way out etc ( although it's a good job they don't opt to post people's umbrellas back to them - a few barristers/solicitors have been complaining about umbrella's being confiscated as potential weapons lol - a least a knife is an actual weapon )

Anyway the application is in so it's just waiting to see what the court comes back with. It seems it's similar to a preaction application for disclosure or a Norwich Pharmacal order so the N244 should be the right way to go about it. The only thing I can think might be needed is a Witness Statement to go along side the application explaining why access is required and that Apple have informed you they require an order, and introducing the documents you provided ... but the Judge will I'm sure issue an order if he/she needs more information. As you say, once you've got it cracked, we can put a bit of a guide in layman's terms for other people in similar situations - I'm sure this will become quite a common issue in the future.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by tootingted View Post

Sorry, just noted your caveat about being wrong on multiple occasions, is that not actually unhelpful? I am sure the person(s) would appreciate a little more confidence in any reply?
                I'm sorry you're having a bad day, maybe instead of hitting the Post Reply button you may wish to reread what you typed.
                Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  The court security staff are well known for being slightly over cautious, but I suppose better that than anything happened. I hope you do actually get your penknife back. I can understand them not just giving it back on the way out etc ( although it's a good job they don't opt to post people's umbrellas back to them - a few barristers/solicitors have been complaining about umbrella's being confiscated as potential weapons lol - a least a knife is an actual weapon )

Anyway the application is in so it's just waiting to see what the court comes back with. It seems it's similar to a preaction application for disclosure or a Norwich Pharmacal order so the N244 should be the right way to go about it. The only thing I can think might be needed is a Witness Statement to go along side the application explaining why access is required and that Apple have informed you they require an order, and introducing the documents you provided ... but the Judge will I'm sure issue an order if he/she needs more information. As you say, once you've got it cracked, we can put a bit of a guide in layman's terms for other people in similar situations - I'm sure this will become quite a common issue in the future.
                  Hi Amethyst, I am intrigued by your mention of a 'Norwich Pharmacal Order', any chance you could summarise how it would be relevant in this case?

Thanks,

Daz

Comment

Hello to all,

I wish everyone well at this time of year. I do owe everyone who as posted 'possible' solutions to my dilemma, and to which I have responded abruptly or negatively, a sincere apology. I was very aggrieved at some of the responses I was getting outside this forum and that unfairly influenced my posts.

This issue is my own fault for not acting sooner, but having to deal with all the other personal issues regarding my Fathers death, this one 'slipped the net' for want of a better expression. I now realise how the rights of 'digital ownership' and access are critical and must be addressed in law.

I would like to take this further, or at least start to ascertain what laws or provisions are in place. Perhaps a more learned member of this forum could help out i have tested the system to my layman's extent.

Seasons Greetings,

Daz

Comment

First of all, I’m sorry for your loss. I get you, my dad passed away a few years ago and he also left some things behind. About your problem. Yes, it’s written very well and the amount of information is enough to solve the problem. What more can you add? In my opinion, seeing as this matter is not handled well, you should ask for professional help. I think this would be best for you. In case you won’t succeed, you can sell the iPad on a trusted and reliable site and just forget about all this. That would be the easiest way. Anyway, don’t rush, do everything that’s in your powers to get that access on that iPad.
                      Last edited by AdamRichell; 7th May 2020, 09:40:AM.

Comment

Can you confirm the N244 was the correct form? Did you get anywhere with thus? Currently in a similar situation so appreciate hearing your experiences. Thanks

Comment

tootingted and Amethyst
                          ​​​​​​​Can you update us as to how you got on? Was the N244 the correct form? Also did you get access. I am interested to know as I am in a similar situation myself. Thanks

Comment

Surely, the right approach is to close the account?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X