• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beware calls from 01111

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware calls from 01111

I've been getting frequent calls from 01111 in the last few days. The caller has always been foreign and hard to understand. They are from a company called GFC, debt management. They offer to help you resolve your debt problems etc etc.. from the info I could manage to get they are based abroad somewhere but manage to get around TPS as they aren't registered as a sales company.
    I have repeatedly told them I'm not interested, have asked them to remove my tel number from their list, have asked to speak to a manager, all to no avail. I even asked for a head office number, only to find out it was bogus! Half hour ago I told the caller that I had already told them I wasn't interested and he called me a liar!!!:mad2: he repeated over and over "you lie you lie you lie! I haven't called you 10 times!" I didn't half lose the plot I can tell you, I demanded to speak to his manager and he put the phone down on me. I wish I had a whistle to blow next time they ring!!

If anyone has any suggestions to put a stop to this I would really love to hear them!
    You can't scare me, I have children.

Re: Beware calls from 01111

BTW, don't know who your phone is with, but go on their website and see if they do call barring. I am sure BT do a free one Enaid x

Comment

its a telemarketing machine, it calls to see what time you answer, this is then sent to different companies, who use it to call you when they know the best likelihood of you being in.

there is a way to beat it, i think if you answer and its a quiet line, hit the # (hash) button about 7 or 8 times and it mucks up machine, but not sure if it works?

(yahoo answers)
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks enaid, we are with BT and it's just about the only bill in my hubby's name, and he happens to be away fishing until Tues :rolleyes: I'll have to wait til he gets back to sort it out.
        I'll resign myself to having a bit of fun if they call again...let them think I'm interested, try and get some info out of them

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          its a telemarketing machine, it calls to see what time you answer, this is then sent to different companies, who use it to call you when they know the best likelihood of you being in.

there is a way to beat it, i think if you answer and its a quiet line, hit the # (hash) button about 7 or 8 times and it mucks up machine, but not sure if it works?
          Ahh, thanks Ame, that would explain the silent bit right at the beginning of the call. Will try the hash button, gotta be worth a try! Still wish I had a whistle tho

Comment

01111 - who calls me?

Few complaints there about them.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I knew I wouldn't be the only one but still nice to read I'm not lol.
              Very handy link, THANK YOU :kiss:

Comment

Hi
                Try telling them that you are recording the call...........
                Say hang on a minute then leave the phone..............
                hold the phone by the toilet and flush it .......
                Act deaf and make them repeat everything...............
                Ask for their hoe nuber to call them back...............

Comment

Originally posted by ByTheWay View Post
                  that would explain the silent bit right at the beginning of the call.
                  The silent bit at the beginning of a call is because it's coming from a call centre and when you pick up the call it has to assigned to an operator - this takes a little bit of time, hence the silence at the beginning.

Comment

HAHA. I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I got a similar call last month, and was so amused I had to email the Cabot Fan Club with the call pretty much verbatim so they could have a laugh as well. Here it is for your amusement too. Although I imagine the profano-bot will censor quite a bit of it. (By the way, real name left in, cos the MIB know full well who I am by now. )

I’ve just had some eejit phone me to do a short survey. The number was one that tried to call this morning when I was out, so I thought I’d play along to reward him for his persistence. The conversation went something like this.

Him - Hello, I am speaking to Mr, Mrs Smith?
                    Me – Hello? Hello? Who do you want to speak to?
                    Him – I am doing a short survey, can you spare a minute of your time?
                    Me – Hello? Who is this? Can I help you?
                    Him – Hello, you are being Mr first name Iain William Smith?
                    Me - Am I being fisted by who?
                    Him – Your first name. It is being Iain William Smith?
                    Me – I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Which name do you want first?
                    Him – No, YOU are being Iain William Smith.
                    Me – Who says so? I don’t understand.
                    Him – WHAT you don’t understand? I am asking is Mr Smith. (By this time he’s starting to raise his voice.)
                    Me – No sorry, could you say that again. I can’t understand what you are saying.
                    Him – (and by now he IS shouting) YOU ARE IAIN WILLIAM SMITH, YES? YES?
                    Me – Don’t shout. I can’t understand what you are saying.
                    Him- - ****.! ****! YOU MR SMITH!!
                    Me – **** you too pal, who are you being?
                    CLICK. Brrrr……

No idea WHAT that was all about, but he caught me in mid childish moment. No commission for whatever he was selling, I guess. LOLOLOL
                    My Blog
                    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

PMSL thats soo like me calling Abbeys call centre but t'other way around - unfortunately my account number has lots of 3's in it.

THREE
                      Two?
                      NO, THREE
                      Two?

THREEEEEEEEEE
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X