• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BT again!

Outstanding amount now paid, a customer service agent is supposed to be getting back in touch tomorrow as she "is not allowed" to make any changes until bar on services is lifted. I have looked, again, at a number of alternatives but would only be better off, on some, by a couple of pence.
    Last edited by dogtired; 18th October 2013, 18:56:PM.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Well, she never got back, no suprise there then!
      Spoke again to customer services most unhelpful, says notice was given about payment date change, ( checked, it wasnt) so now have until Friday 10 days after e mail about changes in January) They tried to get me to have the monthly payment plan but with this I would end up paying more! Kept DD active for now.:rant:

Comment

Hi DT,

We had the email a couple of days ago - to be fair, it was purely to advise me about the change in prices and they were up front. I don't like the £1.75 for witholding your number, nor the answering message service at the same rate.

Having checked briefly, and read your thread, I don't think we'd be much better off going elsewhere IF they could get a line to our village (very doubtful).

In order to get the DD going out on the date of my choice (immediately after being paid), I've gone to monthly billing where they work out the average of our bills. I'll just then make one of payments each month if it's a bit more, and leave the money there if it's a bit under.

I'm getting totally fed up with the broadband. Despite being at their acceptable rate, a LB page takes about 20 seconds to load. That is not right! I feel an email to the CEO coming on.

Comment

Dont know Labman so angry just now. Just cannot help feeling they want more people to sign up for the monthly payment plan for which they add a certain amount "just in case you make more calls".
          I was coping with the monthly billing because I could pay towards it.
          My BB does vary as well funnily enough when I asked for MAC code it slowed down and hub started playing up!

Comment

Well I've just sent this to the CEO. I'll let you know what they do!

Dear Mr Patterson,

I wonder if you are able to help please. Some time ago we came to BT as customers, as you were the only company able to get a line to our village as it had no spare capacity. Eventually you succeeded after a monumental effort by the CEO's office.

For about three weeks now we have noticed our broadband speeds have been very slow. I phoned, and according to your Customer Service Adviser we were, "within contractual limits" running at just over 1Mb/s - usually around 1.12Mb/s.

More to the point for us, disregarding these supposed results, which are, I'm sure you agree, less than impressive, it is taking between 10 and 20 seconds for EVERY webpage to load. This is clearly ridiculous. It is actually much quicker if I turn my mobile into a hotspot and link to that via Virgin Mobile.

I take great care of the computers here, ensuring anything that will slow the speed is kept to an absolute minimum. However, the problem still persists, and we are rebooting the router at least twice a day to get any connection at all.

I hope sincerely you will be able to help us. Apparently we should be able to get up to all of 4Mb/s.

I believe BT have been awarded all 26 contracts to get rural broadband speeds up to an unambitious 24Mb/s within the next 4 years, with the remaining 18 contracts also likely to come your way. Even Peter Cochrane, your former Chief of Technology, stated recently we should be aiming for 100Mb/s.

If we could get near just 4Mb/s we would be extremely pleased. I do hope you will be able to intervene and help us with our problem.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

Good luck Labman!

When they finally agreed that I had a fault my speed went from about 0.2 to about 2.0/2.4.
              The issues with billing are seperate and if you do remain with them dont forget to "pre register" for your caller display now.:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Well the CEO in person answered the email at 6am this morning! He's asking the service team to intervene on our behalf, so we wait to see what happens.

Does pre-registering caller display avoid having to pay the cost then? :beagle:

Comment

I think so, check the small print in your e mail. You have to either be in a contract or start a new one and it lasts a year

Comment

I just started a new one unintentionally by signing up for their 'free' sports. I can't even stand watching most sport! That 'free' offer committed me to a new full one year contract.

I'll look at the email again though - thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

It is very small. small print!.
                      Looked around and reluctantly staying with BT, but tweaked my package to suit me and will keep a closer eye on things.
                      I think you have to the 3rd of January to "pre register" and I am not sure if it then starts a new contract, I spoke to three people all of whom had a different answer.
                      Didn't they check your speed before you "signed up" for the sport, because to get it on lap tops or a vision box you need a fairly decent speed and they told me my line would not support vision, but happy with my existing Freeview box, thank you!

Comment

No, they didn't check the line. It plugs straight into the sky box.

I've just had a call from the CEO's office. They did a line test and it was 0.9Mb/s - not brilliantly impressive IMO. They've passed it to the team in Newcastle they don't like anyone to know about, so hopefully something will get done now. Last time Newcastle sorted it for us, and they only transferred us there this time after I told them I knew it existed!

Annoyingly I think I've deleted the email from BT about the charges, so I'll have to phone them.

Comment

Did not know you had Sky!
                          Newcastle were good when they sorted mine but need to continue to keep an eye on things lost all trust in them now.
                          Last edited by dogtired; 21st October 2013, 18:19:PM.

Comment

Hope you got sorted Labman, but BT are at it again, after much discussion chose, reluctantly the monthly payment plan due out on a day of my choosing, just had new bill it is for a quarterly bill due out on the 4th November. Feel another phone call letter to chief exec coming on.

Comment

LOL - I've just been notified of my BT bill this morning. I've not looked at it yet.

My broadband issue continues, though to be fair, Newcastle are being nothing short of superb in their efforts to try to resolve it. Yesterday however, they issued the dreaded words, "We think an engineer will have to come out." That probably means no broadband for at least 6 months. :beagle:

Comment

Rang them up he agreed that there had been a "mistake" he gave me the option to cancel the DD and to pay off by the beginning of January.
                                It took Open reach a day to sort me out but it took about a month too get there though!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X