• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Electricity account on hold

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    you tell them to close the gate on the way out, they leave a card begging you to contact somebody lol


    • #17
      Given the large sum involved, plus the fact that your daughter has a child/ren and is on benefits, to be quite honest she doesn't have a hope of paying this back any time soon. I would be advocating that she liaises with Citizen's Advice who would intercede on her behalf and may be able to obtain an extension of time. I would also suggest she seeks advice with regards a Debt Relief Order as if there is nothing of value to take they may well hit her with an attachment to benefits for many years which will just create further hardship


      • #18
        There is also the possibility of help from a charitable trust

        following quote from https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-energy-bills/

        The following energy companies offer grants and schemes that are open to anyone - you don't have to be a customer:
        There are also companies who offer grants specifically for their customers:
        When you apply for a grant, you'll have to provide detailed information about your financial situation in your application. It could take a while to complete, and it might be worth getting help applying.

        The charity Charis Grants can help you with the application. Alternatively you can get help from an adviser at Citizens Advice.


        • #19
          Thankyou all for your very informed advice.
          Anything else to add please let me know.
          Will let you know what happens next. Regards.


          • #20
            Use Stepchange for any type of relief or dro they’ll help with everything, county courts much prefer Stepchange. Even a mention of Stepchange and it puts abeyance on the accounts and debt collectors


            • #21
              Turn2us has charities that are able to provide grants.


              View our Terms and Conditions

              LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

              If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

              If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.