• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Non payment of council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non payment of council tax

I hope I have the correct forum hear, and I hope my lawfully rebelin attitude dose not offend anyone

but if the council are sending me letter addressed to my legal fictional name demanding money for council tax in a way of a bill and I don't pay them or communicate with that at all (so as I don't enter into contract with them). I simply RTS all the letters back (un opened). What is likely to happen?

thanks
    batista230
    Tags: None

Freeman of the Land Does not work.
    You will find yourself with problems if you use that approach.

https://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2011/1...rous-nonsense/

Last edited by paulajayne; 3rd February 2019, 08:45:AM. Reason: Further detail

Comment

Eventually, you'll go to jail.

Freedom of the Land, or whatever it's called today, is a fraud. It doesn't matter whether it's a correct interpretation of the law, because the point is that the courts don't believe a word of it. The courts, the police, the bailiffs, the prison authorities - none of them believe a word of it.

Comment

Best scenario is a Summons to a Committal Hearing where if you pursue the same ideals you will be imprisoned and still owe the debt when released. Or if you own your own home the Council could get a Charge on the property or make you bankrupt. Or if working they can get an Attachment of Earnings or if not an Attachment of Benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Batista230 View Post
          I hope I have the correct forum hear, and I hope my lawfully rebelin attitude dose not offend anyone

but if the council are sending me letter addressed to my legal fictional name demanding money for council tax in a way of a bill and I don't pay them or communicate with that at all (so as I don't enter into contract with them). I simply RTS all the letters back (un opened). What is likely to happen?

thanks
          batista230
          http s:// youtu. be /EQQXcq G89Do

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
            Best scenario is a Summons to a Committal Hearing where if you pursue the same ideals you will be imprisoned and still owe the debt when released. Or if you own your own home the Council could get a Charge on the property or make you bankrupt. Or if working they can get an Attachment of Earnings or if not an Attachment of Benefits.
            What is a commital hearing, no magistrates court then?

Comment

Originally posted by Batista230 View Post
              What is a commital hearing, no magistrates court then?
              https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...-are-abolished

The magistrates will jail you. No need for a crown court hearing.

I am afraid that I didn't have time for the video you posted. Unfortunately, you would have to be pretty desperate to sit through it.

Comment

The link you provided talks of serious crimes, paying council tax is not a crime!
                there dose not seam to be any legal advadvice on how the law stand regarding council tax hear so I realy do feel this thread is becoming a waste of time

2222 in that video somewhere it mentions a 1992 by law on council tax, but if you cant even be bothered to click the link then I am afraid we are all wasting our time. Looks like you passed judgment before you ever read the context of this thread

Comment

'Looks like you passed judgment before you ever read the context of this thread'

what this comes down to is that you don't have to convince me or anyone else on this forum. If you go ahead with this you're going to have to convince the court, and they regard it as nonsense. They have the power to jail you for nonpayment of Council tax, and eventually/reluctantly they will. They will probably be kind to you as they'll regard you as a dupe, and they'll probably give you a chance to pay up, but eventually you'll exhaust their patience.

Are you looking for advice, or are you peddling this particular brand of snake oil known as Freeman on the land? If you genuinely want advice, that advice is quite clear. If you're looking to peddle, you have come to the wrong place, I'm afraid. I've only replied at such length in case someone else, with a genuine question, finds this thread.

Comment

Other than the fictional stuff.... is there a reason you believe you are not required to pay council tax ?
                    Do you work? Get paid ? Pay tax and NI ? Claim benefits ? Live in a house/flat/caravan/tent? Put your rubbish out for collection? Use the GP and hospital ? etc etc

Haven't watched the video so which one are you looking at ...
                    Local Government Finance Act 1992 ?
                    The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 ?

FMOTL is bollocks. So no, you have the wrong forum if you want support misleading yourself and others into believing you can suddenly decide you're a fiction to avoid paying council tax. But if you feel you are being unfairly / wrongly charged council tax then I'm sure people will be happy to guide you through dealing with it before you got anywhere near imprisonment.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X