• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriaty Law + Utility Warehouse - CCJ help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amethyst - thank you, I still haven't heard from them but I've let them know that my address has changed as I was beginning to get concerned with the lack of contact.

I did get the SAR back, however, it doesn't make any sense and they appear to have had me at the address long after I left and even added on fees up until last year. I am waiting to see what they say...

Comment

When you left the tenancy in April 2014 did you inform UW ? Have you responded to UW's SAR info ? A copy of the tenancy agreement / evidence that you left the propert in April 2014 should assist.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I haven't responded to the SAR info as yet, it's extremely hard to understand, they have a number of different readings as well as a note on there saying that my neighbour's meter and my own meter had been confused as they were in the same shared box inside my own house. I will perhaps see what ML come back with and then send them the tenancy agreement.

Comment

Hey guys, any updates this? im following as im in the same position

Comment

Hey, I'm still in the process of dealing with Moriarty at the moment. I got my SAR back from UW, the bills don't make any sense and it appears that I was being charged for 3 separate meters that belonged to the flat I was renting. However, I remember at the time our neighbour that lived in the basement would come up to read his meters, this is mostly recorded on the SAR and you can see an error in some of the communication, as after we left the property a pre-pay meter was installed at the residence, however, was removed again when my old neighbour must have called to complain that he couldn't access his meter. UW are insisting that I am responsible for all three meters and that I need to pay the full amount, despite all of this. I am currently working on a response to them, using the information in the SAR as evidence that there are mistakes in the billing, I've also sent them my tenancy agreement but they aren't paying much attention to that despite it having my tenancy dates on it.

Comment

Just an update on this, I hadn't heard anything from Moriarty since they acknowledged my tenancy agreement until Saturday where I received a letter stating with the amount owed showing as £0.00 and a paragraph stating they were no longer instructed by Utility Warehouse. Does anyone know what that means in terms of the debt?

Comment

Looks like they've admitted defeat. File that letter away in a safe place and keep for 6 years

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X