• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Npower and Wescot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npower and Wescot

Hi all

My son left his rented property and his landlord didn’t allow him to get a final gas reading

He received a bill for over a grand which I queried with Wescot saying we never had a final reading so it can’t be this high (only in for 6 months)

We have had a letter today back saying Npower have advised that the final figure used was estimated and also used as the new tenants start point as they never gave an actual figure

They are saying therefore it has go to be paid and collection will continue unless I can get an actual reading (tricky as he left on the 3rd April)

Surely they cannot chase on an estimated figure?

Any advice really appreciated

Regards
    Tags: None

sorry for the delay in the answer, work has been insane atm.

If you could provide me with 3 old meter readings, I'm going to need a few months apart, then I can work out his average daily use and work out how much he would have used between bills. You can then call up with a proposed read and a proposed bill amount, in the meantime, dispute the read and the cost and ask to set up an interim payment plan (say £5 a month) to show you are prepared to pay a more reasonable and corrected bill.. and leave the rest to me! I am doing shorter shifts this week so will be able to look in more regularly
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Sorry for delay. They have since replied saying that the final figure was estimated but as the new tenant has started on this figure they cannot do anything and want payment based on this.

i cannot provide any readings as my son was only in the house for 6 months and none were taken.

any ideas how to get round this?

thanks again

Comment

Has anyone read the meter since the new tenants moved in ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I can't promise anything, but has your son got an energy bill from a previous address or his present one??

I can work out the previous consumption and give them an idea of a reading based on that, there is a market average use so I would need to know how many people lived at the old place so I can work out if this would be applicable.

If they continue saying that they can do nothing, dispute the bill again and ask for a letter of deadlock so you can go to the Ombudsman. They have no proof that this is the right read, and if it is (as I suspect) massively different they can be seen as acting unreasonably.

IMPORTANT NOTICE.

I am working a late/sleep/early shift at work, which means I will be unable to post from 2:30 tomorrow afternoon until 3pm Weds at the earliest.

Kati, if I miss a response, please messenger me and lemme know.. Ta muchly!
          PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X