• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Please - Have A Go Slow Pooter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please - Have A Go Slow Pooter

Hiya all,

Just need a bit of help I know about defragmenting to get the pooter working faster. Apparently you can clear cookies etc that will help it as well, but I am worried about losing my settings/passwords etc in my favourites/bookmarks as I also use this for my business.
    So can anyone please leave some idiot proof instructions ie: Step 1, Step 2 and so on, in plain English please, so that I can get my pooter to go faster.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help Please - Have A Go Slow Pooter

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
    So can anyone please leave some idiot proof instructions ie: Step 1, Step 2 and so on, in plain English please, so that I can get my pooter to go faster.
    If only it was that simple. There could be a multitude of reasons why your pc is running slow.
    How many applications do you have running at the same time?
    What system resources are running

I will try and get you a checklist to go through various things that may help

A main cause is that your system is loading and running things that you dont actually need

but I am worried about losing my settings/passwords etc in my favourites/bookmarks as I also use this for my business.
    Dont tell me you store all your passwords on your computer, I hope they are only for messenger etc, and not for any financial or business related systems.

Have you run a virsu check, Spyware and Malware check to see if you have any nasties lurking on your system taking up your resources?

PKea

Comment

:help::typing:

Comment

See Di you ask a simple question and a clever dick comes along and confuses things by being clever

Comment

Also try a de-frag and a disk check.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Actually I have to confess I have re-booted and it seems to be back to normal now.

I will de-frag this evening (I know how to do that). So whats a disc check ?

Comment

do it in same place you set defrag but on a different tab. Will set to run when you restart next. Mine took a couple hours so prob when you finished on it tonight restart machine nd let it run over night
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X