• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stuck on HP blue screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck on HP blue screen

Its been faltering for a while so have been ccleaning, defragging, deleting crap etc and system restoring it to death, and now I think it has died. Starts straight up to the HP invent screen with the f10=Setup etc options on, of course you can't actually access them, F8 doesnt work and so on its just dead. Fan goes a fair bit now and then while on the screen so sounds like its trying. Just failing.

Tried waggling the memory stick thing inside it to no avail.

Any ideas or am I kerputted ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Stuck on HP blue screen

Hi Amethyst, i had the same with my daughters HP laptop, I had the dreaded blue screen, after many attempts to repair and system restore, I managed to get an error report, that told me that there was no hard drive, - it must of popped out, anyway, I took it to a local I T repair, he sorted it out rapidly, from what he told me the windows vista had somehow caused a conflict with the hard drive, repair bill £30.
    I don't know if this is any use to you, hope it helps
    moon-shadow

Comment

Does the hard drive actually spin?

Comment

ummmm how would I know? It makes a whirring noise but I thought that was the fan. I'll boot it up again in a min and see, have left it off see if that helps a bit.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Unscrew the casing and put your hand on it. Does it make any strange grinding noises?

Comment

It kind of whispers hoarsely ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sounds like you need a non-volatile memory adjuster

Comment

Vodka ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Vodka ?

PMSL

Comment

Na they come is 4 sizes, 3lb, 6lb, 9lb and for the real pros, 12 lb

Comment

okayyyyyyyy what does that mean then? my memory is okay on there so far as I remember - can;'t look at it now its burgered tho.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

have prodded the hardrive mother board thing, yes the whirry bit is spinning, looked quite dusty, anyway dusted it a bit and wiggled it in its gap, and rewiggled the memory bits and its starting up now, I'll try log in here from that one and post the memory bits ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I hate to say it, but LINUX would help you right now...

Try downloading a copy of a LIVE CD (free and open source) then mount your HDD from it and investigate...

While loking for something you nor me actually have a clue what it is, get a feel for linux, use an external HDD to copy important files, then install linux! At a later date if you miss windows dual boot it!

Either that or pc repair shop...

Sorry im not clever enough to be of more help! Have a vodka for me

Edit: poking HDD maybe a dry joint/bad connection/too much dust... clean it and replace hdd if needbe

Comment

Slax: get slax is an excellent live CD as mentioned by Tommy and should help you asses any further issues.

the whole OS runs from the CD, so drives access is not required and it wont make any changes to installed stuff.
                            As for Non-volatile memory adjusters here's a small selection: Memory adjusters
                            Last edited by Curlyben; 30th July 2010, 19:39:PM. Reason: added link ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                              Sounds like you need a non-volatile memory adjuster
                              You mean a...............?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X