• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

wireless network key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless network key

Hello all i have a question if anyone can help.
    Now when you connect to a wireless network on vista for the first time it asks you do you want to save this network and start it automatically.

Most people say yes and every time you turn on your laptop it connects automatically.

Now my question is, is there any way to see were the laptop saved the network key on the laptop....... i.e. say you go to a friend's house and connect to there router but they type in the key could you get the laptop home and then somehow view on the laptop what the key was, it must get saved somewhere but can you view it?

Re: wireless network key

no, it is hidden for security. If you look at the settings all you will be able to see is ****
    It connects it knows the security key, but what it remembers is probably the computer language of 0's and 1's.

Comment

Mine has a tick box, Show Characters, under where you enter the network key, but it only works sometimes (and I couldnt say when that is either).

If you want to use a friends connection you could ask them for the key ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Mine has a tick box, Show Characters, under where you enter the network key, but it only works sometimes (and I couldnt say when that is either).
        some routers allow it, belkins is one that does, but it does not default to that.

Comment

just create a new network then use your friends key that way your home network is safe and fully functional
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I used to use this one. It will show you windows passwords that appear as dots or stars.

http://www.scalabium.com/showpw.htm

However its been so long since i used windows I can no longer vouch for the integrity of the author. If you download it, I suggest you fully virus scan it before running, or perhaps any of the techies on here can run it in a sandbox windows virtual machine to give it the OK. I would do it if I had windows, but have been pure linux since about 1998
            Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

also maybe worth checkin ghere if that doesnt work

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads6.html
              Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X