• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warning - Facebook have changed their Privacy Settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - Facebook have changed their Privacy Settings

If you've logged into Facebook in the last 24 hours you will have noticed that the social networking site has changed its privacy settings. The move, which could dramatically increase the amount of personal information people display online, has outraged digital rights groups and civil liberties campaigners.

Full Report

CJ

Re: Warning - Facebook have changed their Privacy Settings

......and I changed mine back

Comment

I smell an oxymoron.

The best privacy on FB is NOT using it at all..

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
        ......and I changed mine back
        How? Please spill

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
          How? Please spill
          I just logged on, clicked on the pop up message which took me to the privacy settings page, then ticked all boxes to original settings (i.e. friends only)

CJ

Comment

removed info and deactivated account.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Changed mine too.

Comment

Originally posted by jim3940 View Post
                Changed mine too.
                But how? My settings have been changed because I pressed the wrong button! Duh!

Comment

so did I lol. But you can change your privacy settings but going into your profile and info, click on settings, I think it's top right, then just change the privacy settings to friends only, or whatever.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

I never have used FB and never will. They very dubious financial backers from what I have heard !!

Comment

http://www.out-law.com/page-10593
                      Servo Fides

Comment

Yes, I changed my settings back to friends only a few days ago.
                        As was said above, you can go to your profile page, look in the to right hand corner and you will see a button for privacy settings.
                        It’s a good idea to post a message in your status to remind your friends and family to do the same!
                        Kids or the older generation are not always clued up on how these things work, and often don’t grasp that you can have your identity stolen.
                        You can also stop individual friends etc from automatically seeing all your feeds. This again can be done through your privacy settings.
                        Another thing…………..if you see one of your friends full DOB on their profile, send them a PM to warn them it’s visible.
                        Hope this is of help ;-)
                        Positivity breeds Positivity. Negativity breeds Negativity ;-)

Comment

Facebook backtracks on privacy

Facebook has been forced to retreat on some changes to its privacy settings after the move created an outcry from data protection campaigners and left users confused and irate.

Here

CJ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X