• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default search engine in firefox?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default search engine in firefox?

Probably something stupid but my firefox if you type in the browser bar used to either find the http: address (ie type legalbeagles it would just go to Legal Beagles - Guarding your Consumer Rights) if it couldnt find page corresponding then it would do a google search and display the results.

Now randomly it does an ASK JEEVES search which is crap and wont go directly to a link meaning i have to type in full addy or pick it from drop down box (ok not huge effort but its annoying when I want GOOGLE)

So how the devil do I change it back ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Default search engine in firefox?

I have ASK toolbar, AVG, Google, and Y!(yahoo).
    Have you got the new 3.5.1 version(as I haven't yet)?

Comment

Errr dunno as I always use the quick search to the right of the address bar.
      I find this way better as you can add whatever search engines you want to the list.

I have never been a fan of address bar searching...

Comment

I closed the ASK toolbar but it still happens. And I switched the right hand drop down search engine thing to google, but it just changes back and I like typing in the left browser bar anyhow.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Uninstall ASK from the search engine list and go from there.

At the bottom of the selection drop down (quick search) there's a manage option.
          Try reordering them as you require..
          Also remove ALL "toolbars" as you really don't need them in FF at all.
          They are really for the IE loosers

Comment

On this lappy I only ever had my bookmark toolbar nothing else.

Have removed list of web search engines from right hand menu, then tried a random word in the browser bar and still ASK grrrr. Its a really rubbish search engine.

Goes through something called supertool when it flicks through the paths at bottom left ?

Homepage is set to Google.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

This should fix it: Change Default Search in Firefox | Firefox Facts

Oh yeah remember STFW !!!

Comment

Disabled then Unistalled ASK toolbar add on - which was lurking in tools, options, manage add ons - restarted firefox

still defaults to ASK search engine

poo bums
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

okay HERE BE DRAGONS ! apparently lol.

Followed those instructions changed to Google.co.uk but yep ASK still bloody comes up

How do i install google as default search engine (tell you what I'll google lol)

thanks Curls x
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

trying this Set Google as the default search engine (URL Search) Gaming
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

WOOOHOOOOOO it worked thats bugged me for weeks !

Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X