• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What does this mean ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean ?

I keep getting this message pop up on the bottom right hand side of my computer
    screen where the little icons are.

'Virtual Memory is low' then another line but can't remember what it is.

Answers in plain english please, don't forget I am a techhie phobe :ranger:
    Tags: ico, select

Re: What does this mean ?

If it happens just once, then don't worry about. Windows has detected a problem and fixed (though you may want to reboot).

But if it happens repeatedly, it might be that the settings aren't allowing Windows to make the necessary adjustment.

First, make sure your C: drive isn't overly full. In Windows Explorer, right-click the drive icon and choose Properties. If the amount of free space is under about 10 percent, you'll need to free up some space. You can use the Disk Cleanup button right next to the free space indicator, or manually move some files to off-line storage, or uninstall unnecessary applications—whatever it takes to get more free space.

If low drive space isn't the problem, the virtual-memory settings may be wrong. Right-click My Computer and choose Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Click the Settings button in the Performance panel. Click the Advanced tab in the Performance dialog. Click the Change button in the Virtual memory panel.

Look for the System managed size option, select it if it isn't already selected, and then click OK, OK, OK. That should end the warnings.

Comment

'Virtual Memory is low' then another line but can't remember what it is.
      thats cause your vitrual memory is low
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It means that your installation of Windoze is becoming senile and forgetting things.
        Just watch out for wet patches under the monitor..

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          thats cause your vitrual memory is low
          Your not wrong there hun, what is you're name again :kiss:

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
            It means that your installation of Windoze is becoming senile and forgetting things.

That's my tea, where I keep choking when I'm laughing at the antics on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

You sure you are talking about Windoze and not the user ?

Comment

virtual memory is low means basically that you dont have enough ram in your machine and windows is using your hard drive as tempory storage. The ram in your machine is like a temporary storage place for programs and stuff to run nothing is stored there and when your ram cant handle the amount of stuff that is going on windows allocates your hard drive as more ram (Virtual memory) you can change these settings in control panel as to how much you want windows to use.

best way to solve the problem is to get more ram i bet you only have 1gb or ram or less.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X