• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can you get viruses in FB email?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get viruses in FB email?

Can you get virus emails in Facebook?

I have an email from Tanz and an email from Little Sally both with different subject lines but the same link in the email?

My OH just spent 6 hours fixing my lappy so I dont dare click on anything unless I know what it is!
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: Can you get viruses in FB email?

YES! I got it too...nasty little thing. My lappy literally screamed 'Dont click!'

Never seen it before but looks nasty
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Viruses come in many different shapes and forms and alot of them are attached to E mails so the answer to your question
      Can you get virus emails in Facebook?
      Yes

Alot of virus protection software alows you to scan e mails to check for any unwanted or malicious looking e mails and you can just delete them but the best thing to do is if it looks dodgy then just delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
        YES! I got it too...nasty little thing. My lappy literally screamed 'Dont click!'

Never seen it before but looks nasty
        Yeah, I got it too from both Tanz and Sally....I did send them both a message to inform them that they'd apparently sent out 'spam' to multiple peeps......luckily, like yours Cel, mine also screamed out 'Don't Click!' lol

Comment

I didnt click! OH would kill me after the amount of time it took to format and fix the lappy.

The emails appear to have vanished this morning, maybe facebook automatically cleans them up?

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post

The emails appear to have vanished this morning, maybe facebook automatically cleans them up?
            Ahh mine have vanished too, but I couldn't remember if I'd actually deleted them or not!...didn't think I had!

Comment

When people report them, FB will delete them,,

like the spam wall posts that you ladies love to forward on..lol

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                like the spam wall posts that you ladies love to forward on..lol
                ya mean like the ones 'if ya don't send em you're gonna die'? lol.....god, I should have died numerous times with all those wall posts and emails I get.....I absolutely detest them, and never forward them on, because there are some people out there who believe it to be true and get nervous if they don't!...like chain letters, i've ripped a few of those up in my time as well, and still live to tell the tale lol

Comment

What about the ones we used to get on FunWall and SuperWall saying "wait till you click 'Forward' - something amazing will happen!!"

Yeah - the f**king message gets forwarded... LMAO

Think about it; if the "something amazing" doesn't happen until AFTER you forward the message, HOW DID THE PERSON WHO SENT IT TO YOU KNOW???

Tom
                  I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
                  Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

pmsl I HATE those...especially the gay ''you are my best friend on earth forward this to 10 billion people within 30 seconds or will DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE'' ones
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by StoneLaughter View Post
                      What about the ones we used to get on FunWall and SuperWall saying "wait till you click 'Forward' - something amazing will happen!!"

Yeah - the f**king message gets forwarded... LMAO

Think about it; if the "something amazing" doesn't happen until AFTER you forward the message, HOW DID THE PERSON WHO SENT IT TO YOU KNOW???
                      Yeah, and I haven't forwarded any of those on either since my early FB days, when I didn't know any better, cos they're a load of crap as well lol....but sometimes ya've gotta try these things just to find out for yourself .....I very very occasionally forward one, but only if its got a nice poem or sentiment to it, not because I suddenly think my laptop will tell me who the love of my life is lol

Comment

Can I just say that there is a malware attached to that link which sends out emails from infected people on facebook. I caught it of someone else and its caused me no end of problems and am still trying to remove the malware.

It keep posting up fake security warnings on your pc and tries to get you to sign up credit card details on fake Anti Virus Sites.

The malware then forwards messages on to your facebook friends pretending its from you.

Do not click any links on facebook which have multiple recipiants as this is likely to be the malware.

I recieved an email from facebook saying that they had detected suspision activity on my facebook account. It then says your password will be removed for a security precaution and you have to re-set it following runningyour own Aniti Virus (which wont pick up and remove the malware).

F'ing nightmare.

Sorry to anyone I infected, but I didn't send the message it was the malware.

Tanz

Comment

I know it wasn't you Tanz, or Sally, and that it sent itself out, which is why I messaged you both to make you aware......no harm done [at least not on my puter anyway lol]

Comment

I know it wasn't you Tanz, I'm just a wee bit thick when it comes to IT stuff so I thought I best check before I opened it

My Hardship Claim
                            Me VS Abbey Win
                            BIL HSBC Credit Card
                            BIL EGG
                            BIL HSBC Loan
                            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi.. I don't have a laptop, but used to get a lot of bother with melaware, even with the firewall & anti virus software on. I even got one that said there was a security breach on my PC and that I needed to install a firewall & anti virus software and would keep trying to take me into the microsoft site to buy the software. As with mochamo's OH it took me hours to weed out where it had been placed. The only files that I would'nt go into were the system & registry files but I was sure something had been placed there also.
                              Obviously the the AV & Spyware software I had installed was'nt doing the job they were meant too, so I uninstalled everything except the windows firewall.
                              Since installing the following three programs I've had NO problems.
                              The first two are FREE: XP ANTI SPY (not sure if it would work with VISTA)& AVG 8 the third I had to buy, REGCURE (this safely cleans the registry & system files). I'm pretty sure all of these programs would work just the same in a laptop. AVG 8 informs you immediately that a virus or spyware is present whether its in an email or a site you are visiting.
                              Hope this is of some help to you.

amskint
                              Last edited by amskint; 13th November 2008, 16:10:PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X