• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wireless Broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Broadband

I've had a search, but can't find anything on this...

I've got a router connected to my desktop pc, and run my laptop wirelessly. However, to make space, I'd like to get rid of the pc [typical of me, now I spent all that time getting it sorted! lol].....I know its probably a really stupid question, but I don't really need the desktop pc to be able to have wireless broadband do I? And if not, how would I go about it?

Any help greatly appreciated [in idiot terms if at all possible ]

PJ xXx

Re: Wireless Broadband

unplug your router from your pc and see if your lappy connects to it. if so chuck pc out window. lol.

I have no idea what kind of router you have btw.

My lappy and two pcs run wirelessly off one netgear router which is plugged into my virgin box (shut ittttt)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      unplug your router from your pc and see if your lappy connects to it. if so chuck pc out window. lol.

I have no idea what kind of router you have btw.

My lappy and two pcs run wirelessly off one netgear router which is plugged into my virgin box (shut ittttt)

pffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttt not saying a word, other than I'm surprised it works lol

It's an o2 wireless box [can't see a specific make on it], but I daren't just unplug it without knowing the ins and outs, in case the whole lot goes pete tong and I can't get on t'internet at all!! lol

Comment

O2 use a rather naff Thompson speedtouch box.
        It does the job OKish.

If you're not ready to simply unplug the desktop, why not do the next best thing and shut it down.
        Then if the lappie works you know you can safely unplug the ethernet from the desktop.

Comment

ahhhh i used to have a speedtouch - horrible thing.

Ahh yes didnt think about just switching the pc off. lol. See why i dont work in a call centre - be PCs littering the streets.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
            O2 use a rather naff Thompson speedtouch box.
            It does the job OKish.

If you're not ready to simply unplug the desktop, why not do the next best thing and shut it down.
            Then if the lappie works you know you can safely unplug the ethernet from the desktop.
            I've just unplugged the ethernet from back of router and its fine lol.....never dawned on me that I never actually have the desktop turned on anyway [doh!!!].....I did say that it was a really silly question, but i'm really nervous about these things [the thought of having no internet!! lol]

BTW.....I've not had a single problem with it since I've had it [bout 6 months]...touch wood!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X