• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Britishpassportservices.co.uk 202 pounds suing case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Britishpassportservices.co.uk 202 pounds suing case

Okay thank you, what is your email?
    I also have question, ii dont understand how the money claim court works? if i defend my case do i fill out a huge statement explaining my defence, then the courts read it and decide if i owe money or not? or does the matter go to court where i have to defend in front of a judge?

Comment

admin@legalbeagles.info

I'll reply more in the next post while you sort out sending that xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay, the process for court claims is quite straightforward, there can be odd bits along the way but so long as you keep us updated with any letters etc you get we'll help you stay on track with it. It always sounds much more complicated when I try and write it out, but mainly it is wait for a letter, reply to it, wait for the next letter, reply to it etc

So this is the standard routine;
        • Day 1 - Court Claim Issued
        • Day 3-5 - Court claim received by Defendant
        • Day 3 - 18 - Defendant Acknowledges claim - this just tells the court and the claimant that the defendant intends to defend the claim ( or admit and offer to pay - If you don't feel you can defend then you can enter an admission and offer to pay, or pay the full amount and tell the court you have done so.)
        • Up to Day 33 - the Defendant submits their defence to the court - The defence is a brief overview of the main legal points you are intending to argue in court - ie why you are not liable for the money claimed.
        • Once we've done that ( I'll show you some examples when we've got the thread set up ) then the court will write to the claimant to say they have received the defence and ask them if they want to continue the claim.
        • The Claimant then has 28 days to get back to the court to say they wish to continue - the court then sends both parties a Small Claims Track Questionnaire (N180).
        • You fill that in to say if you want to do telephone mediation through the court ( no) and asks which court you'd like the claim transferred to ( your local court ). It also asks the claimant to pay a hearing fee.
        • So both of those go back to the court and the court sends your file off to your local court to deal with.
        • The local court then will send you a hearing date and directions of what documents you need to send to court before the hearing. This is really the first time anyone will read any of the documents ( claim particulars/defence etc) - up to this point it;s all just rubber stamping automated stuff at the county court business centre at Northampton.
        • The documents are usually a witness statement and any documents ( copies of emails/letters / reports etc) which you want to rely on in your case. A Witness Statement is the full what happened when/where/how and what you think is wrong with that ( there's examples of that too and we'll help you with it much as we can )
        • You send yours to the court and the claimant, and they send you theirs.
        • Then about 14 days to a month later is the hearing date. Usually about 4/5 months after the claim was originally issued.

Does that help at all ? ( fine to say no btw lol )
        Last edited by Amethyst; 12th March 2015, 17:04:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

xxxx
          Last edited by BillieJ; 13th March 2015, 12:37:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillieJ View Post
            This is very useful! thank you! - Im jus so confused as to what i should do. I do think about paying 200 pounds to avoid all this silly hassle! but i still dont think its fair and just as to what is happening! If the case ends up in court the fees are going to increase! and i also dont have evidence to back up my points as it was long time ago!!!, I would have really good evidence if the passport office could prove that no appointment was booked under my name by them - but I dont think thats possible! I only have a witness statement, - but is it possible to show the BBC and daily mail articles to show how the public is really angry with this man for tricking and misleading people!
            I know it's easy for me to say but don't worry. We've had advice from a barrister who specializes in consumer contract law (who was on the Radio 4 program) who advised that their are good grounds for a defence to the claims on the basis that the website is misleading, so you don't really need any additional evidence ie confirmation that the appointment wasn't booked.

BPS's business model is to intimidate people into paying by issuing claims. Don't allow yourself to be one of them. By the time your case gets anywhere near a court, others we're helping would have already gone through that stage. My personal view is he'll withdraw the claims when he loses the first one or two, that's if he's stupid enough to show up for any.

Comment

Hey! i just found something really tricky and weird!!!! - i searched the link that has my 'contract' in and i can't even access it because a password is required, and when i ask for a password it sends it to my email - but i dont receive anything!!!!! this is so weird!

Comment

Hi Billie

Up until 24th February your details were publicly available on the internet. The link would have been something llike BillieJ.signedcontract.org.uk/u12345 . A number of people complained to him and the Information Commissioners Office and he changed his system to add firstly your date of birth, but then this password thing which doesn't seem to work.

I do have copies of all of the contract text from around April 2014 if it is needed.

Sharon
                xx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes that would be very useful and helpful! Do u also have any pictures of his website before he changed it!!!! i really do need them thank u very much!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X