• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RTA . solicitors success fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RTA . solicitors success fee

My solicitor phoned me,have had offer of 3200 pounds.
    Now as it was me who took the risk in declining the first offer,is my solicitor still entitled to the 25% from increase in my my damages?Surley he is only entitled to the 25% from original offer?
    Still cant get my head round why he is entitled to the max 25% for such clear,cut case.
    Now you can shout contract,but still doesnt come across right to me that he can take money that was awarded for my injuries
    6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..

Comment

He gets 25% of any award.

Comment

Why 25% thats the maximum he can claim.
        If case has little risk invovled why should he claim the max.

Comment

Cos he can mate......
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Well if he didn't work for a success fee , he either would not have taken the case on, or would have charged you his anticipated fees upfront.
            If he had calculated his possible fees at say £1000, and then been unsuccessful on your behalf, I bet you would then have been singing a different song.

Comment

You keep stating that your case "was a certainty" When it comes to the law & litigation there is no such thing despite what you keep claiming Pay up & be thankful

Comment

I think the OP will not accept the Solicitor is going to charge 25% this might even be plus VAT which increases the fee its pay up which might be taken care of if the payment goes through the Solicitor.
                There is NO WAY OUT of this

Comment

Bird in the hand mate..........
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                    You keep stating that your case "was a certainty" When it comes to the law & litigation there is no such thing despite what you keep claiming Pay up & be thankful
                    Me or my daughter where not driving the taxi,so either the gentleman or taxi driver was at fault.
                    So when solicitor has done his risk assesment he has well know "it was a certainty" i would win my case,very little risk involved.
                    The reward is for my injuries,not to pay solicitor.

So as one poster quoted "because he can' is wrong,i dont think he is entitled to 25% of my reward and find this grossly unfair.
                    So,is my next step the ombudsmen,can he sort this out???

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepyhead View Post
                      Me or my daughter where not driving the taxi,so either the gentleman or taxi driver was at fault.
                      So when solicitor has done his risk assesment he has well know "it was a certainty" i would win my case,very little risk involved.
                      The reward is for my injuries,not to pay solicitor.

So as one poster quoted "because he can' is wrong,i dont think he is entitled to 25% of my reward and find this grossly unfair.
                      So,is my next step the ombudsmen,can he sort this out???
                      Because he can is right, and nothing is a certainty,
                      Were you wearing your seat belts for example?
                      If not, was that a mitigation circumstance in assessing damages?
                      The solicitor is merely charging you for getting you compensation.
                      You have agreed the increased compensation, so stop winging about paying his fees.

Comment

You claim that either taxi driver or other driver was at fault, as you were not driving.
                        This is not necessarily so.
                        It will depend on the exact circumstances of the incident.
                        There could have been another party involved, who whilst causing the accident was not physically involved. and disappeared from the scene.
                        This would mean the taxi & other driver were not liable.
                        Very few motoring claims are as straightforward as yours appears to have been.
                        For a conditional fee arrangement 25% success fee is completely normal and acceptable.
                        The ombudsman will sort you out!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

For a conditional fee arrangement 25% success fee is completely normal and acceptable.
                          The ombudsman will sort you out!
                          I disagree,in my case i dont think he should be entitled to the max 25%.
                          2 letters,text and phone call,lol,
                          All his dispersments,costs where paid by opponent.I think i have a good case.
                          going to see him this afternoon.
                          Now if he agrees to take the 25% on the first offer of 2000 pounds and not the 3200 pounds i will accept this.
                          As it was my decision and risk to take it further as he himself explained.
                          Otherwise,its ombudsmen.Think i have a argument.

Comment

Good luck then with your negotiations.
                            If he's a decent bloke he might accommodate you to bring the matter to a friendly conclusion.

Comment

In these cases does the Compo go direct to the Solicitor?

Comment

The only way for people here to assess things properly is to see a copy of the contract you signed. You can always negotiate the amount with him but if he stands his ground and won't accept a lower amount on discussion then you really (based on what you have said) don't have a leg to stand on to avoid paying and if he went to court for the success fee as agreed in the contract it is very likely he would win.
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X