• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Business Banking Santander - dodgy letter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business Banking Santander - dodgy letter?

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    When I registered a company I got letters from HSBC and Barclays Business Banking within days. This was swiftly followed by all sorts of marketing material from website designers to accountancy firms etc. That's why it can be wise to use a Formations Company which supplies an alternative Registered Office facility (for a fee) which will forward correspondence to you.
    Or use any other provider of mailbox facilities.

Comment

oopsy, well in my defence the letter was so rubbish I thought it was a seedy scam artist who'd deserve it. Feel a bit bad now...maybe they'll sort it out before their next 'marketing' drive.

Would never use a 'formations' company or serviced/virtual office address...it makes you sound really dodgy, maybe I've looked into the details of too many dodgy CMC companies for my own good. I'm not too fussed about my details, they are all over whois and stuff anyway, and have been for years. I have nothing to hide so don't give much of a poop if people know where I live, and we couldn't afford to pay for it anyway, we only just manage the server.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        was the letter you got addressed to Celame or you personally?
        What is the purpose of Celame LLP?

Comment

It has several purposes but mainly it limits personal liabilities to some degree and in certain circumstances should we face legal threats for defamation/giving catastrophic advice and the like. It's something that should have been done a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            In that case he seriously needs some marketing training ! I'm sure it must be a DPA breach of some sort sending me your letter. Hand signed too in blue biro. Envelope sellotaped down. Really bad photocopy of 'leaflet'.
            Not if you are both directors of the same company, the letter was sent to the company's registered address and it was a sales pitch for the company. I'm also a company director and sometimes receive correspondence for my fellow co-director at home, because it's the company's registered office.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
              Not if you are both directors of the same company, the letter was sent to the company's registered address and it was a sales pitch for the company. I'm also a company director and sometimes receive correspondence for my fellow co-director at home, because it's the company's registered office.
              That's the thing though, the letter wasn't sent to a registered office but to Ame's home address and made no reference to any company or LLP. Additionally LLPs don't have directors or even partners but members.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                the letter wasn't sent to a registered office but to Ame's home address and made no reference to any company or LLP.
                The problem may have arisen because Celame LLP is registered at Companies House (and the information duplicated on the usual company look-up websites) showing Celestine, Amethyst and EXC (in your real names obviously) listed as the three members including each of your home addresses. This information is readily available to any bank marketing department.The fact that Santander stuffed two badly written letters into the same envelope is a bit shabby but not something that the ICO would be concerned about since the three home addresses are in the public domain as being part of the same joint enterprise.

As a woman my only objection to this availability of personal information is the inclusion of one's date of birth. You'll be happy to hear that I'm much older than all of you according to Companies House

Comment

It's ok, I wasn't worried, just thought Santander were being used to perpetrate some kind of scam, because the letter felt that way .... it's genuine, as we have found out now, so not an issue , other than Santander are a bit lacking in the marketing training of their business managers ���� so all fine xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    As a woman my only objection to this availability of personal information is the inclusion of one's date of birth. You'll be happy to hear that I'm much older than all of you according to Companies House
                    Did they really believe you were born in 1851? :grin:

Comment

I'll have you know I'm the same age as Goldie Hawn, Helen Mirren and Twiggy and I've not had any 'work' done. So don't write off Plan B just yet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X