• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car scam by Barclaycard customer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car scam by Barclaycard customer

Hi,

new to site, but just been scammed by a car advert with a Barclaycard account on autotrader.

Contacted banks, action fraud...any advice?

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Car scam by Barclaycard customer

Hi Smithy

Sorry to hear you got caught out by these criminals.

Presumably you saw the advert, contacted the seller, paid via bank transfer to a Barclays account under some made up seller protection scheme ?

Do you have the email addresses / dates / telephone numbers / bank account details the money was paid to / amounts and the original car advertisment and could you post them up here.

There's a number of people on here who hold lists of reported fraudulent vehicles/account numbers etc and can try and see if you got caught out after a report had been made (which can help with getting your money back)

What did action fraud and Barclays say ? (noted and tough probably)

I'll ask Tools to look in later on today.

Have you read the main Ebay Car Scam thread in the Online Scams forum ?

Welcome to the forum, sorry it's under such horrid circumstances.

Bestest

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi
      i too am new to the site.. me and my husband were scammed through "ebay" buying a lorry! same circumstances but our money went abroad, i feel sooo stupid now looking back on hindsight!!
      its so sad that these people are getting away with this stuff and i have found that police etc. dont seem to want to chase it up, almost like they are bored of it now!! i am not a computer whizz and thought that because the ad was found on ebay that surely they MUST be held responsible somewhere somehow! no? i mean they are still active on ebay so surely ebay must have some contact details for these people that they could pass on to police..
      the lorry was supposed to be so my husband could start up his own business and now we are completely broke, that money was all we had in the world, and it was the outcome of a long long time of scrimping and saving. We thought it was going to be the start of something good, new and exciting and yet all it has done is wripped us up!
      i no you dont want to hear what its done to us, but after looking at all these posts about these scams dating back 4 or 5 years even, it amazes me that they are still being allowed to happen!!!!
      i am sorry that we seem to be only a couple in a long long list of victims to this scam, and i would love to somehow put a stop to it, and recover my money if there is any possible chance of that!
      have you had any luck with anything at all?

thanks for reading and sorry for droning on!!

Comment

Consumers should take great care if trying to buy a vehicle on eBay, especially on an eBay auction by a professional seller; buyers should, in particular, look closely at the bidding histories of any others bidding against you as many of the bidders who bid early and often on an eBay auction are most likely the seller's shills, and this may be obviously so ...
        Indeed, eBay Inc. is demonstrably the greatest calculated facilitator of auction fraud on consumers that the world is ever likely to know ...
        The ugly reality of eBay Inc.:
        eBay Motors: Auction Fraud Galore … http://bit.ly/I2gTEU
        eBay's crooked auctions marketplace ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X