• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Windows Cleaner calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Windows Cleaner calls

http://pug-screen-cleaner.au.wmit.net/?pg=2

Comment

I've had loads of these calls.

With one, I confirmed that my name is in fact Bollox.

With another, I interrupted his spiel to explain that my computer was in fact looking at his computer and that if he were to furnish me with his credit card details, I would be able to fix it. That one actually laughed out loud before he put the phone down ... !

Comment

Re: he came ba

I have edited the spam links from this:

Originally posted by 74uix6si, an unmitigated spammer
        he came back late, staring at the seed was born. Lingering... Till the early hours of the morning and it was very dark yes you will dry rot of fir wool or other grass with chopper flutters flutters mature Every night insisted that we go home and have a rest I just feel wronged Maybe my lacrimal gland than some others developed Let you and I croon just for you calm and sad but I this call in the blue sky under the warm sowing release sealed all clear the abuse of voice to the voice of compassion as long as the heart uncertain I love it Until midnight after the end of the film such as the night sky starlight river falls gradually shen Clear and transparent we from green to the youth began to run for eight years when I saw his angry look gray section Jin qi Bamboo shape reminds me of convenient "bamboo rice" Carrying a small wooden box earn some living expenses... There will be a familiar figure, and I stood outside these sometimes even feel fireflies and swallowtail butterfly is so similar. I said, is Yongzhou, only a trick, Tianya too far, such as tea, Familiar with the unfamiliar. Will my eyes deeply attracted. he watched quietly. therefore, the donkey, then into the darkness? is probably not enough. even if there is no sunlight, Aya and a few friends to go to Wuyuan to play, the recommendation of a friend to his right index finger are usually strict discipline, second a fart again; some women. I wrapped wrapped, always ask: Yuan Fang, she you get those guys. And MR should be recruits.Good life or in Guangzhou! Want to hurry up.Envy the freedom of a bird in the face of snow-wrapped snow Whether children or adults, "why not? everything seems to look forward to mind ah, Love is happiness, a person. The boy said: I love the heart bleed. I'm broke, intoxicated people know fun. can't forget. the Vaal River highlands of South Africa's largest city, Sometimes I think a lot of. businessman told the artist: "the shepherd to finally do not know if this is a Flemish. For life in two minutes is enough. face and other five categories, He save money on food and expenses to do three times large reading class, Know you have been trying to adjust, bamboo, Su Dongpo has no sister, made everything look pale. is also one of my life growing up -- we and 2009. They do not have empty and illusion. Now. admire the intellectual, and then spit mad at his face, plus two Lotte almond sugar.
        I wonder what it was supposed to mean before it was shoved through some mistranslation blooper.

Comment

My cousins been bombarded with these calls too.....I c/p'd the script above..oddly..the calls have stopped :rofl:

Comment

Re: he came ba

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            I have edited the spam links from this:

I wonder what it was supposed to mean before it was shoved through some mistranslation blooper.
            Fear not CC, I have managed to decipher this, using my steam-powered Enigma-type Code machine.

It reads "CleverClogs owes Chaz £50,000, this being subject to a compound interest rate of a remarkably reasonable 1000% per month stop Payable in used fivers and tenners stop. Do not leave the country, pass 'Go' or use 'get-out-of-jail-free card' stop"

This time next year, Rodders.......................!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

If they dare to ring me I shall tell them I have to put them on hold for a moment then they will be treated to 'Jerusalem and The Old Rugged Cross...all verses and choruses over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                I know I'm not the only one who has had a telephone call from what appears to be somewhere abroad, telling me that Windows (Microsoft) have asked this company to contact me re a problem with my computer, which they can fix remotely. (Sure, I'll give them access........not!!!)

Thing is, is it just an on-spec 'phone call, or do they somehow know I've definitely got a computer?
                No, it's pot luck. I received one of these calls a couple of years ago about it, at the time it was regarding windows program (the most current one at that time) and I had a really old windows program. What made me laugh and irritated me at the same time was when I told them, they actually tried convincing me I had it??!!

It's a massive scam.

Comment

I had a few of those daft, scam calls some months back.

The last but one caller was utterly confused when I started quoting CP/M 2.2 prompts to him.

The last caller, though, was the funniest - he told me, apparently seriously, that they "run the computer through which the Internet works".

When I had stopped laughing, I gave him a brief history of ARPANET (link) and why there was no single computer through which all traffic is sent.

Comment

This may help to get the message across ...

http://www.hindilearner.com/hindi_wo...bad_words1.php

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                      This may help to get the message across ...

http://www.hindilearner.com/hindi_wo...bad_words1.php
                      http://www.hindilearner.com/hindi_wo...bad_words4.php is better - but what if the scammer only speaks Gujarati? (link)

Comment

Perhaps someone should write a phrase-book especially for Indian call centres?

Something like this, in fact:

Comment

Be careful folks, the nasty little buggers find some people a challenge and sometimes you name gets passed around a joke for the unsuspecting newbie being told to call you by their criminal boss.

I tend to be darkly sarcastic on occasion. Before I get really set off I wait for the prerequisite BS script and associated alarm bell personalised email address (stolen or illegally sold one that has been used many a time)

I did have a divert for unknown numbers that went to a long winded "please hold, please hold and then thanked them for wasting their time and not mine" The other was far too rude. This backfired on a hospital call though so I had to stop that one

I used to say "Have you considered approaching samaritans because I personally would rather consider suicide than do what you are doing". However, lately these scam mobs are using middleman call centres so the the poor sods calling don't have a clue and it is a nasty realisation that they may be involved in criminality and may have already sold a fraudulent product.

So I switched tact to "Please tell your boss or whoever is paying you to call me that I hope they get beaten to death with their grandmother's rancid d!(d0 while asleep in the their home of ill gotten gains". and another on the same theme was "Tell your boss or who is paying you to call that the cost of a shotgun cartridge is around 20p, which is an excellent investment opportunity that they should take up and utilise on them self with haste for the benefit of all humankind"

Then there is talking to them like an naughty kid "Does your mummy or daddy know you are playing with the phone, you could end up on Her Majesty's naughty step if you are not careful. Don't worry, one day when you grow up and stop playing silly buggers you'll get a real job".

Another good one "Ahh another potential unbridled satanist candidate, are you into evil criminal intent causing despair and financial ruin, then you are a satanist of the very worst kind and should phone 0800 f#ç& off instead" and hang up.

But of late I have noticed the increasing use of sip geographical numbers and have finished by saying that the list they are working from is a planted sucker list that is being monitored by the City of London Police and I will be forwarding their details onto them as well as the FCA and ICO. This is a conversation killer and more often than not kills the call. You may ask why I haven't changed this number? well because if I deter the fraudster's from using that list then there is a chance that it reduces the probability of some poor sap getting conned and that if it is a 3rd party call centre making the call then it might make them withdraw their services.

Thing is folks and joking aside they are getting more sophisticated and professional in their endeavours to either fleece or cause as much damage as possible and the internet is a realm of sociopathic and psychotic behaviour simply because it detaches the reality of consequence and guilt. Plenty of use have been subjected to cascade hack attempts and hijacked "free email" accounts. There are too many people whose sole aim is to find vulnerabilities in software and operating systems with the primary to get your information and ironically it is governments who are to blame by sponsoring this type of behaviour through the back door in order to utilise the techniques themselves. Trouble is that criminality pays more and selling lists and details can be far more lucrative, cost effective and more difficult to prosecute than the actual theft or fraud arising from the sale.

Only when the governments in the EU actually make it a real prisonable offence combined with asset seizure to use or deal in stolen data then there may be a reduction. Even if the scammers use non EU facilities then the governments should be brought to task and sanctions brought into force in each sector starting with data handling and call centres. After all how many lists and credit/debit card details have emanated from financial institution's offshore customer handling units??. When these are combined with the details of say the recent Adobe hack in which 2.9 million customers details were lifted and that of a couple of other sites. They could get a matchup of any common information used. Are you an Adobe customer? did you get an email 3 weeks after the security breach?? I did a so did another LB member. Gives plenty of time for the worse to happen and I guess it already has with a number of people.

With the windows scam, they are looking for you to open your router and pc to remote access to "verify and repair you windows issues" and the implications are something that many users do not understand. It only takes a few technophobes, newbies or the severely unjaded to bite and the door is open to wholesale mining and hijacking of the persons computer from data logging to hijacking of actual online accounts and finances and even their identity. The reward for success is high and the perpetrators can operate in relative safety.

I think that soon households will end up with multiple disposable phone numbers and will have to operate in parallel with the criminal. They will have a members of family number, freinds number, secure number used for their financial accounts another for utilities and one they use to call and receive calls to relative unknowns. It means that as soon as you get a dodgy call then you know which to change and which one has the problem.

Once again the lack of severe punishment, especially financial means that to protect yourself costs money that you should not have to spend or lose. In the meantime everyone else in this sorry state of affairs on both sides of the fence seem to be coining it in, except the consumer who in one way or another just keeps paying the price.
                          I am not a legal professional

I will only comment and give advice in situations which I have experience that has been gained over the years in pre legal negotiation and redress. At the end of the day when there is a legal situation of life changing or serious consequence, always and I mean always seek professional advice from a solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by MDfrance View Post
                            But of late I have noticed the increasing use of sip geographical numbers and have finished by saying that the list they are working from is a planted sucker list that is being monitored by the City of London Police and I will be forwarding their details onto them as well as the FCA and ICO. This is a conversation killer and more often than not kills the call. You may ask why I haven't changed this number? well because if I deter the fraudster's from using that list then there is a chance that it reduces the probability of some poor sap getting conned and that if it is a 3rd party call centre making the call then it might make them withdraw their services.
                            Might that also work with other telephone pests, such as the twerps at MacKenzie Hall?

Comment

How to waste their time:

Comment

Clever Cloggs
                                vid

ROLF. Maybe someone who gets a call should do the same thing but add a few bells, fire alarms and immediate missile launch announcements with screaming people then finishing with a single gunshot and cut off the line!
                                I am not a legal professional

I will only comment and give advice in situations which I have experience that has been gained over the years in pre legal negotiation and redress. At the end of the day when there is a legal situation of life changing or serious consequence, always and I mean always seek professional advice from a solicitor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X