• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Girlfriend Conned Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend Conned Me

HI need some Advise,

Last January i meet a Girl Online thru a Sugar Baby Website, Although this sounds Stupid I believed and treated her like my Girlfriend and Fell in Love with her.

Asked her to narry me after 3 Months, which she said she didn't know what to say, i told her she could think about it and then a few days later she blocked me,

After a few weeks as i was starting to feel better she contacted me asking her to buy her makeup, as i really missed her and didnt know what to think i did and saw her a week later

when i saw her we spoke about my proposal and she said we would need to take thing slower, which i was happy too

A few month later i made the mistake in sending her over 1000 for a gift for her and her boys, which caused her Benifits to be stopped and she owed over 2000 in back rent and had 8 weeks t pay it back or they would kick her out of her home.

She was worried as what she may have to do for the money, but i said i could get a loan to cover her until her benifits started up again, but would need to speak to her first

We spoke on the phone and i made it cleared i Loved her and wanted to marry her, but was happy to take things slower, but needed to know how she felt about me, which she replied she didn't know and due to her mental state wasn't in the frame of mind to make a decision and told her she wouldnt have to worry about paying me back,

So I decided not to pressure her and got the loan and paid her back rent and all her bills until the end of the year as that's when she said her benefits would start up again, they didnt until the end of January

The last time i saw her was boxing day, and slowly have been feeling not great and she had taken advantaged / Conned me.

I've told her this twice the year once in july after my dad died and a the begging of October, both times she has ignored me and in October she blocked me

at the beginning of November i went to her house and dropped some flowers and some jewel off, and she text me saying she was going to call the police, i should also add that i gave her my credit card, the last time i told her she could use it was in august so i reported her transaction from October

I told them the truth and they sided with me, but before that i decided to cancel the investigation the day before she acted like she was going to give me another chance but wouldn't as i canceld the credit card, and lied to them, which i didn't

She has all but admitted she took advantage /conned me last week she only saw and wanted a arrangement regardless on how i felt, i made thing complicated i told her she hadn't been with me as if she had i would have thought about the loan.

I have gone through all a text and whats app message where it is clear to me that we were in a real relationship not once did she tell me it was an arrangement.

What i want to know what is my next cause of action i do feel like she set out to take me for everything i had, so should i get the police involved?

Tags: None

I'm so sorry you have been taken advantage of in such a way It doesn't sound like she set out to scam you or con you, just took advantage of your kind nature.You haven't been stupid, just a bit daft.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dad too xxx It sounds like it's been a difficult year for you all round. Have you talked to anyone about losing your Dad ? Do you have other family around at all ?

There's nothing good going to come of getting the Police further involved, and she's not going to repay you anything you have given to her - it doesn't sound like she is in a great position financially in any event so it's unlikely she'd be able to, even if you could convince a court that the money you gave her was a loan to be repaid. She's got a couple of kids and you sound like you have helped her out financially through problems with benefits which is all too common these days and they've probably had an easier time of it than they would have otherwise, so think of it that way if you can.
    The best advice I can give is for you to walk away. There's nothing there relationship wise. Ensure all communication with her is blocked off, whats app, snapchat, messenger, the dating site, email, phone etc etc… and any credit cards, log in details, banking etc you might have given her are cancelled or changed. Personally I'd delete historical messages you've saved too save you keep looking back and torturing yourself over it, but I know that will take time to come around to doing.

Try to put it behind you and start looking forwards.

xx

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X