• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scammed by Supanet Masquerade as BT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammed by Supanet Masquerade as BT

I call BT to purchase BT and I was sold Supanet
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

When did they sign you up?
    This was over the phone?
    Have you tried cancelling?
    If so by phone and when?

Supanet seem to have a reputation for posing as other ISPs and then selling their own product (as affiliates to BT or SKY or why).
    And then it's a nightmare cancelling the deal!

Comment

What number did you call?Was it BT strange you get through to Supanet

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        What number did you call?Was it BT strange you get through to Supanet
        I'm no the only person dealing with this problem there many others too

Comment

this how I got scam

Comment

My Story

Comment

I found one way that supanet is duping ppl into thinking they're someone else. https://uk-isp.com/ claims to help connect people to the best provider and appears in google results when searching for broadband deals. If you call them they offer to forward you to the best provider directly. But really they just send you straight to supanet who will collect your details without revealing who they really are. http://uk-isp.com even uses an 0800 number that is actually owned by supanet, proof: https://www.supanet.com/back-to-supanet/ … has same number listed!

Comment

I found one way that supanet is duping ppl into thinking they're someone else. https://uk-isp.com/ claims to help connect people to the best provider and appears in google results when searching for broadband deals. If you call them they offer to forward you to the best provider directly. But really they just send you straight to supanet who will collect your details without revealing who they really are. http://uk-isp.com even uses an 0800 number that is actually owned by supanet, proof: https://www.supanet.com/back-to-supanet/ … has same number listed!

Comment

Why don't you complain to the Advertising Standards Authority?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    Why don't you complain to the Advertising Standards Authority?
                    I had but but they just took note and that's it

Comment

Was it a formal complaint?

Comment

See lots of posts about supanet but haven't actually figured out how it is a 'scam' yet. The ads and website ( Uk-isp) seem clear they are not an isp themselves - they link direct to bt and sky etc on their homepage ( and they are correct links ) -they don't seem to mention supanet - so is it what is actually said during the call ? Do they say 'your best deal is likely to be BT we'll put you through directly ? Then you're put through to supanet who say they are bt ( or fail to say they are supanet ) and caller agrees a package ? Any emails / documents sent to confirm contract ? Do those say bt or supanet ?

Need to know exactly how so many seem to be misled into signing up with supanet thinking they are bt and how that happens to be able to look into it / investigate anything
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Supanet Limited have an interesting history.
                          They were established in 1998 as an ISP
                          Supatel purchased a Cypriot company in 2010 to develop and expand the Supanet brand
                          Supatel were fined £60000 in 2013 by OFCOM for switching customers from one ISP to another without the individuals knowledge.

Supanet limited appear to have no connection with the company of the same name listed as dormant in companies house. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
                          They do not appear to have a Uk address.

Perhaps a complaint to OFCOM?

Comment

Try a complaint to OFCOM about slamming.

This is the act of signing up an individual who believes they are getting something else. (I.E thinking it's BT and getting Supanet.)

How long has the contract been up and running?

Do you have any written evidence of a complaint to Supanet (NOT BT, this is imperative!)

When you received your contract, who's name was on it as the supplier?

PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

On *insert date* I called *insert number* to purchase *insert product (broadband/phone line etc)* from British Telecom.

The agent I spoke to at no time advised me I was speaking to a third party, and I believed in good faith that I had agreed a contract with British Telecom. I have since learnt that I am supplied in fact by Supanet, who did not at any time make this clear to me. If they had I would never have entered in to the contract and would have terminated the call.

I have since then been attempting to cancel the contract with Supanet to take out a contract with BT, however I have not been sucessful. I believe that I have been "Slammed" by Supanet and am at present in an unfair contract with a supplier I knew nothing about until receiving documentation from them.

I have evidence that I have complained about this which I include for your ease, Supanet's take on this is *insert suggestion from supanet*

I hope that you can aid me in this situation, and that I can finally leave this company without penalty to take up my original supply choice.

Yours

*name*
                              PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X