• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EBAY SCAM..........please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EBAY SCAM..........please read

Originally posted by labman View Post
    Ah! That's how CC made his millions. I did wonder.
    :rofl:

I wish ... I didn't even have the courage to sell the 'everlasting fly killer' of which I'd heard.

Comment

Just been the victim of a scam on ebay....gutted!lost £5000. "A very professional" (police quote) thief too k my savings, my mistake was doing a direct transfer. The item 161103322686, Peugeot boxer Elddis Autoquest 100 reg: GX02 JXP seller: hyland1-2012 email address: sunnymorning72@gmail.com mobile no:07870546478 (orange network) name Michael Trana Ac; Barclays sort code:20-73-53 AC no: 83916928.
      Police Crime reference number:47130072282 crime committed 11/09/2013
      I did an HPI check on the vehicle and it was genuine, the ebay account was genuine, now closed, the Barclays account was genuine (according to HSBC my bank)someone??? infiltrated ebay and Hyland1-2012 account and took my £5000.
      I had fraudulent ebay emails sent to me, seller called me, I supposedly had "Ebay Protection Plan" even "ebay customer support live chat", all lies all false. If anyone using ebay sees any of this information please disconnect or lose your savings. Ebay were useless since I din't use paypal. HSBC useless since I did a direct transfer, Police sympathetic but no hope given. Hung out to dry.:smash:

Comment

Have seen this web page?

Comment

There was one around, years ago.
          The guy advertised a guaranteed method of making loads of money; just pay £x, & he/she would reveal all!
          What you got back was advice on how to advertise a guaranteed way of making loads of dosh!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, have a look at all the other comments regarding this type of scam - its under e bay/gumtree!!!!! on this thread.
            I too have been 'done' all the bank accounts are Barclays Bank...i am in the process of suing them ...

Originally posted by geordielass View Post
            Just been the victim of a scam on ebay....gutted!lost £5000. "A very professional" (police quote) thief too k my savings, my mistake was doing a direct transfer. The item 161103322686, Peugeot boxer Elddis Autoquest 100 reg: GX02 JXP seller: hyland1-2012 email address: sunnymorning72@gmail.com mobile no:07870546478 (orange network) name Michael Trana Ac; Barclays sort code:20-73-53 AC no: 83916928.
            Police Crime reference number:47130072282 crime committed 11/09/2013
            I did an HPI check on the vehicle and it was genuine, the ebay account was genuine, now closed, the Barclays account was genuine (according to HSBC my bank)someone??? infiltrated ebay and Hyland1-2012 account and took my £5000.
            I had fraudulent ebay emails sent to me, seller called me, I supposedly had "Ebay Protection Plan" even "ebay customer support live chat", all lies all false. If anyone using ebay sees any of this information please disconnect or lose your savings. Ebay were useless since I din't use paypal. HSBC useless since I did a direct transfer, Police sympathetic but no hope given. Hung out to dry.:smash:

Comment

Can anyone out there suggest what to do re my scam experience. How to get in touch with Barclays? How to sue them?

Comment

I have issued proceedings against Barclays and they have defended the case, just in the process of 'sorting the defence out' !!!!! .....send me a message and i will try and help you.

Comment

As someone who spent my whole working life in a bank before I retired, I still find it difficult to comprehend how banks were allowed to devise a payments system that acts as an anonymising service for crooks. I could portray myself as Pope Boycie III or King Boycie II and that name would have no effect in determining whether I receive the funds or not. Such a facility is invaluable to fraudsters. Imagine if fraudsters send out utility bills or manage to get their account details accepted using the details of major corporations or government departments. There are very easy ways to do this and, once these criminal groups learn how to do it, the UK payments system will be in trouble. To perform fraud this way doesn't even require access to a bank. Most bank staff are good at memorising names and bank account numbers but most of the public aren't.

From a legal perspective, you may find that your best recourse is against your own bank, and few people are going to be keen to do that, but I quote from the FCA website.

http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/fina...iving-payments

Payments are made in the UK using a sort code and account number. If you provide the wrong sort code or account number when making a payment, your bank must make a reasonable effort to recover the money.
                  The least you might expect your bank to do is confirm with the receiving bank whether or not the name of the receiver on your payment is the name on the receiving account, otherwise you are barred from being able to take action against the thief whole has stolen your money. Then you could take that to the FOS. You may not win, but it would highlight the current situation where thieves are allowed to use bank accounts for fraud with impunity.

Comment

My bank HSBC were no help at all. I have changed banks but I agree with you until the government and banks act we are exposed and vulnerable.
                    I

Comment

I have forwarded all the details to admin@leagalbeagles.info also the police have been proactive. They have CTV coverage and identified the crook at 2 Barclay's branches in Harlow, Essex. He drew out the money within one hour 2500 on each occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boycie View Post
                        I still find it difficult to comprehend how banks were allowed to devise a payments system that acts as an anonymising service for crooks.
                        Because the banks are run by crooks, aided and abetted by their fellow crooks in parliament.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X