• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Driver won't give insurance details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you know the name of your ex colleague, presumably you can discover his address and then proceed against him as suggested by dslippy.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I only wanted to claim loss of earnings from the driver who banged into us. I don't believe that a deal was done due to the damage on the car was quite bad, as the policeman said looks like a write off. Who's going to pay for that. Obviously you would say let the insurance cover it.

I think the Driver A just thinks me claiming on the accident would affect him more so is lying about the deal to avoid giving me his info.

I guess only option is to try the solicitors and police ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeek00 View Post
        Thanks for the replies. I only wanted to claim loss of earnings from the driver who banged into us. I don't believe that a deal was done due to the damage on the car was quite bad, as the policeman said looks like a write off. Who's going to pay for that. Obviously you would say let the insurance cover it.

I think the Driver A just thinks me claiming on the accident would affect him more so is lying about the deal to avoid giving me his info.

I guess only option is to try the solicitors and police ?
        You have already been told (twice) what to do and been given a link by @des8.

Assuming you have the registration number of the other car you go here Check a vehicle not at the roadside after an accident (mib.org.uk) and complete the "One-off askMID search" here askMID- Enquiry.

I don't know (because I've never used it) but I assume that that website will give you the name of the insurance company for the car that caused the accident. You then pass that onto the claims company you say you have working for you.

(Although why your claims company can't do that themselves is a complete mystery to me. Are you sure they know what they are doing...?)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X