• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fell at Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fell at Work

Just wondering at a superficial level where my friend would stand with this.

Fell at work on a wet floor. The refrigerator unit had leaked. At the time of the fall, I was carrying about 60kg of boxes that obstructed my view to see the wet floor sign. Our company has a policy where any spillages are cleaned up asap and a wet floor sign is placed but this occasion only the wet floor sign was placed and it was not cleaned up.

Do i have a case to sue for negligence?
    The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.
    Tags: None

Well, was your friend following the manual handling guidelines issued by their employer ( 'don't carry what you can't comfortably and safely manage' etc ) - did their employer/manager tell them specifically to carry that amount of stuff ( weight isn't the important bit, the vision obstruction bit is likely important ). They had put up the wet floor sign up so they should be covered that way ( wet floor sign goes up while they sort out cleaning it up ) - she only fell because she didn't see the wet floor sign because she was carrying too much stuff to be safe is either her own fault, or her employers if they told her to carry that much in one go.

So probably her own negligence.

Just my very amateurish view there though.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your input, that's pretty much what I thought. I'll get them to check the finer details of man handling and if anyone had told them to carry that much.
      The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

If they erect the yellow sign, they’ve covered themselves. But if they just erected a sign and didn’t bother calling the engineer and left the unit leaking for weeks and weeks, the sign would become redundant and they would still be liable for not removing a known hazard in a reasonable time frame.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X