• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Injury - offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Injury - offer

The defendant has offered a settlement but on a Global Basis (and very low) can I request they deal with my claim and then costs separately?
    Tags: None

If the defendant has made a fair offer that your solicitor thinks is acceptable, they will advise you to accept it.

Remember that accepting an offer will mean the full settlement of your claim. There will be no opportunity to reopen the claim, so it is vital that you do not settle until you are happy with one of the following:
    • Any medical symptoms you have are resolved
    • You are at a stage in the recovery period where your symptoms will not worsen

Once you agree to accept an offer, your solicitor will advise the defendant’s side, including when they will be sending a cheque in settlement of your claim. Your lawyer will make you aware of when you can expect to receive your settlement cheque.

Comment

You can ask for clarification of the offer.

Comment

If you are not satisfied with the price do not agree

Comment

Update - my solicitor comes away with twice as much as me in fees - knowing it would cause me hardship in the future, once in conversation he said he would settle for a lower figure but when a global was agreed in total he took 66% - I thought so highly of him until then!

Comment

My wife had an accident at a local bowling alley. Paramedic took her straight to hospital, result broken ankle, settlement offered. solicitor 85% wife 15%. we had a chat result from memory 60/50 still not happy as I did most of the investigation and pictures, not all lawyers are the same though. *

Comment

Originally posted by JanRobertson
              I was in a serious motor vehicle accident and in need of a good attorney. What I found was an amazing law firm in Lyons, Snyder, & Collin, P.A. I spoke to Mr. Snyder for the first time and he spent over an hour on the phone going over every detail of my case. From day one I was updated at least once a week if not more on the progress of my case. Mr. Snyder’s assistant Martha was a god sent. She would return emails and calls within minutes. If there is any reason to hire a law firm then this is the only call you need to make, and rest assured that everything that can be done will be done in a timely manner. If I could give more than 5 stars
              Doubt very much he would UK Claims though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X