• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal injury claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jinxed thank you for that. Who is this new solicitor if you don't mind me asking as I don't think my solicitor will budge on getting the expert to revise his report many thanks
    gaz

Comment

And how did you back out of the contract with your first brief.
      thanks
      Gaz

Comment

You need to check the terms of your CFA (no win no fee) agreement. They may demand their fees paid before releasing the file to new solicitors. See what they have to say and point out they are meant to be acting for you. It may be possible to have a different expert prepare a report but you may have to pay the fee for this up front. See what they say.
        I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Hi peridot. When I phoned and spoke to my solicitor she basicly said that's his decision (Although they had to chase him twice over discrepancies) and the I got a bit upset with her as this has affected my whole life and my mental health really bad atm and told her this n she simply wasn't bothered.

Comment

Hi,
            Just looking at some of the previous posts. When you said there was an entry in your GP records about slipped disc 2015 was this the experts error that you have since discovered was incorrect? Or is it the fact that you had not had this confirmed with an MRI back in 2015 so believe this to be incorrect?
            What details has the expert been previously asked to amend? What does your solicitor suggest?

Unfortunately for us lay people (I'm including the lawyers here too) the medical expert's are the ones who's opinion counts when valuing any claim. Their understanding of the mechanics of the injury, what should happen in the normal course of things and the likely time we take to recover from similar injuries, even if we have pre-existing problems are all relevant. Not every injury can necessarily cause issues for years to come and this is where the problems in quantifying often lie. The fact you may have a weakness in your back whether diagnosed slipped disc or not in 2015, there is a history of back pain. This does impact on any problems you have with your back in future. Not every twinge can be put down to the accident. I don't mean to be harsh I'm just trying to explain how the expert looks at it.

If you can let us know what other amendments have been requested that may assist us. Have you suggested getting another opinion? if you have what was your solicitor's view? As I mentioned previously you may well have to fund this yourself and take the risk that the expert draws the same conclusion so you would be no better oif in respect of the medical evidence but probably worth a thought.
            I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post a link to the Solicitors I used, but they paid my first Solicitors fees and assured me that it was fine to change to them.

Comment

Thank you kinder much appreciated
                Many thanks
                Gaz

Comment

Jinxer even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X