• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Never reaching 50% VT Point on a PCP deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never reaching 50% VT Point on a PCP deal

Hi everyone,

Is it possible NOT to be able to reach the VT 50% point in a PCP contract?

Here is my scenario

2 Year PCP
    Car Cash Price - £48k
    APR - 7.3%
    Total Amount Payable - £52.5K
    Total Deposit + Contribution - 14k

Amount of Credit - £34k
    Final amount (balloon payment) - 28k

My 50% VT point is £26.3k but my payments are only £445 a month. So including my 14k deposit & 24 monthly payments I will only get to £24,680

Does that sound correct?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Never reaching 50% VT Point on a PCP deal

would be interested to understand this too

Comment

Re: Never reaching 50% VT Point on a PCP deal

If the total amount payable is £52.5k then 50% is £26250

You've paid £14k so taking that into account you have to pay 27.5 months of £445 payments to hit the £26250 50% VT amount. It's not the halfway point on months it's the halfway point on total payable.

The VT amount should be written on the agreement anyway?

And on those sums

Amount of Credit - £34k
      Final amount (balloon payment) - 28k

is £62k not £52k so somethings not right there.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X