• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Invalid Termination Notice and Court Date Set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid Termination Notice and Court Date Set

Hi,

I wonder if anyone here can help with this. A friend of mine has used this site in the past and has said its a great place for getting the correct info.

I have written regarding this problem on MSE however I think I have come to a dead end.

Basically I have a car on finance (I haven't paid enough for them to ''have'' to get a Court Order).

Having posted my documents on MSE I have been told that the Termination notice is invalid on several counts and that I should apply for a time order.

Having been back and fore the Court and getting differing stories I eventually got the correct forms but before submitting them I had notice to attend Court on 22.01. (this Weds).

Despite the Court date being set I did receive several calls from the Company asking for return of the vehicle and I have also had several visits from Repo agents - I have simply shown them the Court papers and they have left. The last one however was threatening and said he had a Court order and was a High Court Sheriff - I asked to see copies of the order - which of course he didn't have.

When the Company called I offered to pay the arrears and continue with the agreement advising I didn't not believe that their charges were lawful or that the Termination notice is correct - they declined my payment.

I advised that should they take the car that I will be left thousands in debt and the guy said no you won't we should be able to get £7,500 at auction for the car and there won't be many charges - I think this is a bit of a story in itself. The car is not worth 7.5k having done an online valuation and I actually owe more than what the car is worth so how will this benefit anyone - I will need to go down the bankruptcy route after repossession.

When I go to Court on Wednesday I want to be certain of my facts and would be grateful if someone could point out to me what is not correct about the termination notice and what I can do to fight my case. I need a car - not necessarily this one to be able to work as I live in a remote area but finance would not be an option after this case if I should lose.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

lostmyway
    Tags: None

Re: Invalid Termination Notice and Court Date Set

Hiya, Welcome , To be able to help on the termination notice issue we'll need to see a copy of the termination notice. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-details-safe!) or a link to your MSE thread Thanks xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes be interested to see this, normally they do not need a court order to re-possess a vehicle if the debtor has paid less than one third of the contract price, after that they have to send a default notice and terminate as per section 87 of the CCA.

Comment

Hi, I don't know if I have done this correctly but here goes

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...2&d=1383133720

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...3&d=1383133732

If I have missed anything please let me know and I can upload again

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by lostmyway View Post
          Hi, I don't know if I have done this correctly but here goes

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...2&d=1383133720

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...3&d=1383133732

If I have missed anything please let me know and I can upload again

Thanks again
          Sorry, do you have links for the documents elsewhere or can you upload them here as non members are unable to view cag attachments.

:
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

HI
            I cant see the termination notice there.

How much had you paid off the car when they defaulted you, exactly what does it say on the particulars of claim from the creditor.

Comment

More importantly did you receive a default notice under section 87 if the consumer credit act

Comment

Some info here

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en..._purchase_debt
                Last edited by andy58; 20th January 2014, 19:49:PM.

Comment

Hi
                  Apologies for the delay - lost yesterday and only just resumed

Am uploading all the docs here again
                  Attached Files

Comment

There are 4 of the documents I am going to scan the court papers in now and will forward those as these had not arrived when I asked for advice on MSE - will take me a few minutes

Comment

I take it you have received a "return of goods order" ?

Comment

Hi Yes I have

I am having problems converting these documents so can upload them individually if that is ok

Comment

I am sorry - this isn't allowing me to upload documents - I have had several tries and have no idea what I am doing wrong

Comment

Originally posted by lostmyway View Post
                            I am sorry - this isn't allowing me to upload documents - I have had several tries and have no idea what I am doing wrong
                            I am getting an error - website cannot display this page when trying to upload - is there anywhere I can send to attach to an email or pm please

Thanks

Comment

Go to "go advanced" and click "manage attachments" upload, choose from my computer, browse and click on the file, click "upload", wait forever then it should appear in the box. Just check beforehand that it's in a permitted format (there's a list) otherwise convert it beforehand Good luck x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X