• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

car sold while still on finance with out consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: car sold while still on finance with out consent

Hi Fairy Dust,

If you can't get CAB or a legal professional to sit in on the meeting, it is perfectly okay for a friend or neighbour to sit in instead. As long as you have someone with you as an independent witness, that is fine. If the bod from BH objects, too bad. He either likes it or lumps it.

Make it quite clear to him that you are going to record the meeting with your voice recorder and, remember, it is your home he is in, so don't let him try to bully or bully you into doing what he wants to do. If he produces a voice recorder, tell him to put it away. If he will not co-operate or becomes abusive or aggressive, I would advise you to warn him that if he does not co-operate or cease being abusive or aggressive, he will be asked to leave. If you have to do that, do so firmly and assertively. Make it sound like you mean it. If you are not happy with his behaviour in any way, you are within your rights to ask him to leave at any time. Bear in mind that he is a private fraud investigator, not a police officer. He does not have any police powers, nor can he make you answer his questions and you do not have to answer any questions he asks you.

I am somewhat puzzled as to why he is coming to see you when he knows the police are dealing with this. Have you spoken to the police about his visit? Are they happy with him getting involved? Certainly, if he asks for copies of any documents you have already provided to the police, including printouts of emails, I would direct him to the police station dealing with the case.

I have sent you a PM in addition to making this post.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Yes I understand that he doe`s not have the authority in my home ,as for relpies from the ploice in Scotland I am still waiting unless they have been intouch with my son and depending what he said to them.My son had spoke to the Merseyside police last December and on his statement to them,he accused me of knowing he was going to sell car and that I accepted X number of pounds out of proceeds which is total fabrication.Thankfully I have proof of this via emails he has sent me since all this started.I have not gained anything from all this as I am still paying for a car that I have no use of.Any one who looking out side my box will realise that my son has money from sale and a total stranger is driving around in a near new car ,all out of my good nature . I just hope that the person who is coming to see me realises that I am a honest person and if he as read my records right he will notice that I have had 3 previous cars with their company and none have never had default payments and have always been payed off on time or have been exchanged for newer model under their guide lines.

Comment

Originally posted by fairy dust 49 View Post
        Yes I understand that he doe`s not have the authority in my home ,as for relpies from the ploice in Scotland I am still waiting unless they have been intouch with my son and depending what he said to them.My son had spoke to the Merseyside police last December and on his statement to them,he accused me of knowing he was going to sell car and that I accepted X number of pounds out of proceeds which is total fabrication.Thankfully I have proof of this via emails he has sent me since all this started.I have not gained anything from all this as I am still paying for a car that I have no use of.Any one who looking out side my box will realise that my son has money from sale and a total stranger is driving around in a near new car ,all out of my good nature . I just hope that the person who is coming to see me realises that I am a honest person and if he as read my records right he will notice that I have had 3 previous cars with their company and none have never had default payments and have always been payed off on time or have been exchanged for newer model under their guide lines.
        Hello Fairy Dust,

If Merseyside Police had had any doubts or suspicions, they would have contacted your local police force and they would have interviewed you by now. From what you say in your post, it sounds like the police force in Scotland who are dealing with this are waiting for statements, etc., to come in before approaching the Procurator Fiscal for guidance or applying for an arrest warrant, though they can arrest without a warrant.

Just make sure you have someone with you when Mr Bod from BH comes to visit and kick his butt out if he kicks off.

Comment

Thanks Bluebottle ,I know it` sound bad but at the moment I really do wish they would haul my son in to to show him that he can not do these things,I have just got of the telephone with orange onbudsman team as my son had mobile in my name and racked up £501.00 bill in my name so I was forced by debt collecting agency to pay it in installments.But problem is Orange company will not investigaate the matter ,have told them Ive never had mobile with them and they just told me who ever has it got it online ,so how can they charge me when I never even signed any forms to accept a contract to top that am having same battle with T-mobile same problem fraud again with mobile in my name and bill for £275.00 but i`m not paying that one they can go whistle and sort it out.

Comment

Just to add I never gave permission for my son to get any mobiles in my name .

Comment

Hi all
              Quick up date to legal beagles regarding my car that my son sold while I am still paying finance on it ,well to cut long story short the finance fraud investigation came out yesterday to interview me about the sale of the car and have realised that I had no involvement with the sale ,so now they are reporting the said car as stolen. I still have to pay the finance on it untill it is all payed up ,which I all ready knew also the new owners who bought the car are keeping it as it would not be fair on them to have it removed as they are both pensioners , if the car was collected by the finance company it would not be returned to me anyway. May I also ask can any one please give me the address for the fraud investigation team at Orange mobile company as I was advised by finance company yesterday to write to them because my son also got mobile phones in my name with out me knowing and I was sent a £500 bill from them for the phone he had ,I was as you could say forced into paying the debt simply by the debt company stating if no payment was received it would go on my credit report and also they could send baillifs to my door to retrieve the money, so I felt I had no option but to pay. Now I want my money back hense the reason for needing their address .Thank you all for your help in this matter.

Comment

Hiya I've found this address on their website, I'd address it to them first and ask for it to be passed to the fraud section.

Orange Customer Services
                PO Box 10
                Patchway
                Bristol
                BS32 4BQ

Comment

You could also try this aswell.

Orange Executive Office
                  50 George Street
                  LONDON
                  W1U 7DZ

Email: executive.office@orange.co.uk">executive.office@orange.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Sapphire and Mrs James for the addresses, I will now be writing to Orange to get this sorted I have allready sent a email to executive office but still waiting for a reply .Help much appreciated.

Comment

• Re: car sold while still on finance with out consent

Hi
                      It does seem terribly unfair that your son should get away with the proceeds of the sale of the vehicle. Are the police going to pursue this?
                      Also have you considered the possibility of a civil suit against him for redress of the money you are paying to the creditor?
                      Peter

Comment

Hi thanks for your post Mr Peterbard , yes it is unfair that he will get away with the proceeds of the sale and I have to carry on paying the finance but at least now he is getting investigated and who know`s may have to give back the proceeds to the finance company.

I would also like to add I have just received a email from the executive office at Orange they gave me a direct number to call them which I have done and they are re-opening my case of fraud ,have just spoken to them and they insist they are not accepting it as fraud so I will not be getting my money back .They told me that they have sent bills to my address and I have ignored them ,which is not true as I have never had a bill from Orange except for the debt collections bill I got last July.
                        The person I just spoke to in executive office said only way I can get my money back is through the courts and then it may turned down as I don`t have the proof that no bills arrived here.

Comment

Hi Fairy Dust

I dont know if this has been suggested before, have you checked your credit report just in case ther is any other credit arrangements that have been taken out without you knowledge.

It is quite easy to do either by post or on line. I use "Credit Expert" but there are others.

Peter

Comment

Hi thanks for your post Mr Peterbard , yes it is unfair that he will get away with the proceeds of the sale and I have to carry on paying the finance but at least now he is getting investigated and who know`s may have to give back the proceeds to the finance company.

I would also like to add I have just received a email from the executive office at Orange they gave me a direct number to call them which I have done and they are re-opening my case of fraud ,have just spoken to them and they insist they are not accepting it as fraud so I will not be getting my money back .They told me that they have sent bills to my address and I have ignored them ,which is not true as I have never had a bill from Orange except for the debt collections bill I got last July.
                            The person I just spoke to in executive office said only way I can get my money back is through the courts and then it may turned down as I don`t have the proof that no bills arrived here.
                            If you have a Law Centre in your local area, go along and see them. There, you can get free legal advice about this matter. As for Orange, they first have to prove that you are legally liable to pay their bills and they are also vicariously liable for the actions of the DCA they used. As for their statement about going through the courts, the onus is on them to prove you did, in fact, receive the bills. See the Law Centre first, then come back onto this thread.

Comment

Yes Mr Peterbard, checked my credit report in november last year and found out that my son had got T-mobile in my name also and has a debt on my credit of £270.

I have just signed up with CIFAS and have now got identity fraud protection ,only cost £20 annual fee well worth the price to prevent any more i.d theft. But was told by CIFAS that T-mobile could have got me protection with above company for free bit late but not worry .
                              Any one who tries to obtain any goods or use my bank details in my name will be unable to use my information ,it will also be put on my credit report within next 3 hours that I have been a victim of identity fraud .
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              Thank you bluebottle again for your advice which as you know I will take up .
                              Last edited by fairy dust 49; 28th February 2012, 14:14:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes Mr Peterbard, checked my credit report in november last year and found out that my son had got T-mobile in my name also and has a debt on my credit of £270.

I have just signed up with CIFAS and have now got identity fraud protection ,only cost £20 annual fee well worth the price to prevent any more i.d theft. But was told by CIFAS that T-mobile could have got me protection with above company for free bit late but not worry .
                                Any one who tries to obtain any goods or use my bank details in my name will be unable to use my information ,it will also be put on my credit report within next 3 hours that I have been a victim of identity fraud .
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Thank you bluebottle again for your advice which as you know I will take up .
                                Glad to hear CIFAS act so fast. That may, actually, strengthen your case with Orange. Best of luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X