• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought a faulty car. Small claims court?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the witness statement. A new numbered paragraph for each dated event. Evidence such as letters, e-mails etc should be cross-referenced

Comment

Originally posted by PussInBoots View Post
      ok, thanks for that.
      I also have Timeline of events, should this be in the Witness Statement or is that separate documents?
      You need to put the timeline of events in chronological order giving more details on what's happened.

Here's an example - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Gl...n%20claims.pdf

Comment

ok, I assumed I would add a timeline of events document separate from the actual Witness Statement, as the timeline is very long...

Comment

ok, I assumed I would add a timeline of events document separate from the actual Witness Statement, as the timeline is very long...
          You can do, but you will still need to give details regarding the main events, remember you are making your case.

A long list of events tells the Judge / Court nothing.

Comment

Definitely the timeline incorporated into the witness statement, which should end with a signed statement of truth

Comment

ok thanks. The order states that the statement/documents need to be page numbered. Can this also be stapled/hole punched? or should they be left unattached?

Comment

ok thanks. The order states that the statement/documents need to be page numbered. Can this also be stapled/hole punched? or should they be left unattached?
                Send the 'bundle' in a folder, remember to send the same to their solicitors.

https://hallellis.co.uk/preparing-witness-statements/

Comment

Although CPR 32 Evidence is mostly omitted on the small claims track, PD 32 Evidence 15.1 (2) states documents should not be stapled but be securely fastened in a way that does not hinder the reading (turning of pages)
                  So hole punching and fastening with treasury tags and putting them in a plastic folder or plastic envelope should be okay

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X