• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car rejection after 6 months on finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car rejection after 6 months on finance

Hello,

I'm after some advice please, i brought a Hyundia Kona in march 2022 and twice it lost power whilst driving without no warning lights. Unfortunately both times the dealership were unsble to find the fault and I spoke with the finance company about rejecting the car. I paid £1500 for an inspection which they advise I do so and if faults were found, they would accept the rejection and pay the £1500. The inspection found 3 significant faults, faulty battery, faulty hybrid battery and faulty GDF system which had never regenerated and its markers were in the red, the inspection found the car too dangerous to drive as it was failing to pick up that it had a fault hence the loosing of power without any notice.

I sent this information to the finance company, to the dealership and to Hyundia UK, the dealership and Hyundai UK are both saying they are unable to find the faults and now the finance company are asking for the car to repaired going back on what they originally told me. Since then both the dealership and Hyundia UK are still unable to find the faults. Where do I stand please as obviously the dealership have had chance to put right the faults and have been unable to do so, but the fiance company are refusing to back down and insist the car gets repaired.

I have sent all evidence to the finance Ombudsman but without a final letter which the finance company are refusing to send meci cannot move forward.

Kind regards Rae
    Tags: None

Please read my post under "New engine now turbo failure" thread started on 23 June. The link is not working, should be "your" not "ypur"

9.21 -9.24 covers the car buyer's right to rejection after a failed attempt to carry out a repair by the dealer. This is provided the fault develops within a reasonable time but no guidance is given on what is a reasonable time. The example given is for a 2 year old car that develops an engine problem after 3 months. The dealer attempts a repair but the problem recurs after 1 week. The car buyer is entitled to reject the car despite the dealer wanting to attempt a 2nd repair.

Whether your case is similar to the above example depends on the time-line. You will have a strong claim (against the finance company) if your inspection report states that it is likely that the fault(s) existed at the time you purchased the car.

You are entitled to recover the cost of £1500 for the inspection report if you end up starting a court claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X