• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought a Financed Car by Not Knowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    If the car you bought is still on hire purchase - Citizens Advice

The person who hired (Contract) from finance House is not the owner but hirer until the final payment etc paid therefore the finance house is the owner (albeit not the registered keep). but as in later cases these days as afforded by CAB above there many be exceptions to owner now due to another persons selling a property not theirs as owners?

Years ago the finance company could reclaim the car and the innocent person who purchased it had to go thru hoops to try and get monies back.

I don't know how long it will take, but for sure the guy has done a fraud with me by telling his wrong name, changing statements in his chat, he mentioned that he was the owner of the car but I doubt he is not the owner. The guy from whom I bought the car has played a role as taking the car from the owner and sold it to me directly by not spending a day and calling himself the name of a real owner of the car, which is not the case. They are working in a gang so that no one can be hit directly and passing the balls to each other.

Comment

Do you have any update on this? Any outcome or correspondence from the finance company?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X