• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mini VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini VT

Morning all

Wen have recently started voluntary termination on our mini. So far seems like they are responsive but I'm cautious over a few issues. @ro

Firstly we need to book collection with BCA and they are inky available from 12 October onwards. Am I right in thinking I no longer need to make any payments as one is due on the 1st?

Also mini are.saying it is my responsibility to insure the vehicle until collection. Aagian I think this is not correct as we no longer have legal responsibility of the vehicle?

On this note they are asking for the log book to be sent to them. Should I do this or send it to dvla with them as the new owners or keepers?

Finally they say that on the collection day that we will need to.aign a tablet or form. I am picking up from here we should jot sign anything. Is this correct?

Many thanks to.amyone who.can help!
    Tags: None

Hi,

Please read the VT guide as the answers are contained in there.

A Guide to Voluntary Termination - Your Rights
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob

Thanks, I tried that and the page just comes up blank? Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Are you trying to access from a mobile phone? Some users have reported issues doing that and not being able to access.

I've uploaded the file online and you can download it from the link provided in the thread below.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ual-of-mileage

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Sorry to be a real pain. I can't view it on pc, laptop or phone. When I downloaded the link you posted acrobat wouldn't open it as it said it was corrupted

Comment

Try this one https://file.io/TAGQ0OeZViuH
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

That is not working for me either. It doesn't connect and says connection timed out.... I am really keen to read this guide!

Comment

Final try.. hopefully this one works otherwise I am all out of options.

https://app.box.com/s/9t2n8zird2g5l56e1wwswfysznss9fno
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Got it!

Brilliant guide, thank you ever so much. Collection date coming up so I feel well armed now!

Comment

I still can't see anything about the log book? Should no.be doing what mini ask, which is keep the yellow section and send the rest to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich.m View Post
                      I still can't see anything about the log book? Should no.be doing what mini ask, which is keep the yellow section and send the rest to them?
                      Because the question asked has nothing to do with voluntary termination. You are legally responsible for notifying the DVLA if a vehicle has been sold or transferred. The VT Guide will not spoon-feed everyone about what they should do for every little thing, especially if it's something that should be known to every registered keeper.

Easiest thing to do is update via this https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

Hopefully that answers your question.
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X