• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

vt what to write on log book when collected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vt what to write on log book when collected

rob they are coming to finally pick up the car...… do I do the log book the same as if I was selling the vehicle? meaning I just hand over the green slip?

many thanks rob
    Tags: None

rob I have just received a email saying the below is this the same as if I actually sign? because I had no intentions of signing
    • On arrival, a doorstep photo will be taken by the driver to replace your signature
    • thanks rob

Comment

I don't get it, a doorstep photo of what?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob A doorstep picture of my front door at home to replace my signature. I suppose just to say that's where the car was picked up from.

Comment

update...… rob M.A.G have just picked up the car* so its finally gone!! I refused to sign the paperwork as learnt from the forum. I have just cancelled the insurance. so good riddens** lets see what happens next...…..

Comment

TINY TOTS what did you do with v5 ??
            Just started my journey and not sure what will happen with the collection part

Comment

@MALCST75
              I put the v5 and mot / and wheel nuts in an envelope. I made sure I signed and dated part 9 on the v5 so at least if any thing happens after that date I wont be liable. I was going to do it online but the man said he will do all that.* to be fair the whole experience of them picking up the car was ok especially when he said they are picking up 200 cars a day on vt"s and for the same company as mine close motor finance.*

Comment

TINY TOTS**
                thank you for that*
                can i ask was your mot still technically valid or had you had the extension*
                just started my VT journey and the mot officially expired 2 weeks ago but i got the extension just debating if should put a fresh 12 months on it before collection*

Comment

Originally posted by Malcst75 View Post
                  TINY TOTS
                  thank you for that
                  can i ask was your mot still technically valid or had you had the extension
                  just started my VT journey and the mot officially expired 2 weeks ago but i got the extension just debating if should put a fresh 12 months on it before collection
                  I had the mot done in march, but you have a 3 month extension so wouldn't worry about it.*

Comment

TINY TOTS*
                    they are coming Monday to collect the car and my wife will be home*
                    any do's or don'ts she needs to be aware of ??*

Comment

DO NOT SIGN!! they will ask her to sign the paperwork do not do it. they are very much used to it anyway they know the score. take as many pictures as you can of the car. ive since found out a scratch was on my car that wasn't there when they took the car £119.00 they tried charging me but I had the photographs. also take the pictures shortly before they pick up the car. because if you take photos the night before they could say the damage was done through the night. they picked the car up from me on the Tuesday and never examined it till the following Monday so I went back to them and said the damage was done during that time. hope this helps

Comment

TINY TOTS thank you
                        Should I fill the v5 online to transfer the car or just sign the log book like you did
                        and are the classed a dealer or business if I do it online

Comment

Malcst75 I signed the part.... selling or transferring your vehicle to a motor trader signed it and dated it. you can do it online if you wish. hope the picking up of the car went ok

Comment

TINY TOTS*
                            collection went ok by all accounts*
                            guy noted a small scratch on rear bumper and a small crack on side repeater in mirror*the small crack was present at last mot and was advisory only total so far is £132 for these items not sure if I can contest these*

he did also say that the car will be inspected again and a further bill may come*

I’m pretty sure that’s not on he inspected and noted these and that’s it a further inspection is surely not my problem if any more damage is noted he allowed me to take a photo of the damage report but not keep it*

not sure how to proceed*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X