• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Started the VT Process with Audi Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I’ll send that then

Comment

Sorry, I am not always about.

Letter is fine but it is bread and butter. Unless this falls outside of the VT Guide completely or you've received a court claim from VWFS everything in the guide should cover these questions you have. I don't think you need my approval to fire something off if it is just worded in a different way to the templates, so long as it covers what you need it to say.

There is so much information on this forum and an abundance of template responses I've given that are not in the VT Guide so the first thing you should do is search the forum and consult the guide and if there really isn't something I haven't captured then I'll likely respond.

Otherwise it is the same steps that everyone else has gone through before you, pay up or dispute it.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob, I had an off the shelf reply which I have now responded to registering an official complaint. Let's see what they come back with.

Comment

Hi RedJohn2020*please can you provide an update? i am in exactly the same position with VWFS, i have returned the car in immaculate condition but now received a letter stating that i owe Ł800 for mileage. I would be grateful for any help or tips you can provide! Thanks

Comment

Hi there, I started the complaints procedure with Audi a few weeks ago. Nothing heard since (probably due to this Covid situation) as soon as I hear anything I’ll update.
            they did say they would get back to me within 2 weeks but nothing yet.

Comment

That should say 8 weeks

Comment

Hi guys, could you give me some advice please on my next step here...

I’ve today received the following response from Audi in relation to my excess mileage complaint and wondered if someone could help me draft a response.

Thank you for contacting Audi Financial Services on 17 March 2020, I am sorry you have had cause to complain.

Your Complaint

My understanding of your complaint is as follows:

You are unhappy with the excess mileage charge following the return of the Audi A6 following your voluntary termination request.

My Investigation

You are referring to section 100 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the “Act”) however, section 99(2) explicitly states that “Termination of an agreement under subsection 1 [the right to terminate] does not affect any liability under the agreement which has accrued before the termination”.

Clause 11 states that if you exceed the Maximum Total Mileage you will be liable to pay us the Excess Mileage Charge shown on page 1. That liability will accrue with each mile covered by the Vehicle in excess of those Mileages. You must discharge that liability by paying us on demand.

Term 11.4 states that if this Agreement terminates early, we will reduce the Maximum Total Mileage in the proportion which the actual period of hire bears to the period of hire originally agreed. Any Excess Mileage Charge will be recalculated using that reduced Maximum Total Mileage.

Clause 11 is worded to ensure that liability for the excess mileage occurs prior to termination and therefore you remain fully liable for any excess mileage.

My Decision

In light of the above I am unable to uphold your complaint.

I can confirm the outstanding balance for your end of contract charges total: Ł1,622.03 including VAT, payment is required within 14 days of the date of this email.

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge but you must do so within six months of the date of this email.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

The FOS Consumer leaflet is available online here or should you require a copy of the FOS Consumer leaflet, please let us know and this will be posted to you.

The Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted at:

any help would be grateful.
                james

Comment

Hi all,*

Audi have stopped responding to my letters now and have passed this across to the VWFS collections team who called me and asked if I was in a position to pay. I then told them that an active complaint was in process and they cut the conversation and said they couldn't discuss this any further. I havent heard from Audi finance since.*

Should I wait for a letter from them, or should this be taken to be ombudsman. I would fully expect audi to drag this out for as long as possible until the 6 months is up.*

What are your thoughts?*

Comment

Letter through today from Themis chasing the money....what is my next move please guys.
                    starting to stress me out now.
                    shall I just pay it?

Comment

If it is stressing you out, why don't you just pay up and then you can forget about it.
                      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I did just that. Called and negotiated a deal with them.

Comment

A least it's sorted and you can put it behind you now, thanks for updating us.
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Originally posted by RedJohn2020 View Post
                            I did just that. Called and negotiated a deal with them.
                            Hi RedJohn.

What do you mean when you say “negotiated a deal”? I’m going through the VT process now. Did you manage to argue the charges down?

I’ve just cancelled my DD, as I received the “we have terminated your agreement” email.

Thanks

(what a great resource these forums are!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X