• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT'd my Audi with VWFS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if it trashes your credit rating in the process? I can't afford for that to happen...50% discount sounds good to me at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by RedJohn2020 View Post
      Even if it trashes your credit rating in the process? I can't afford for that to happen...50% discount sounds good to me at this point.
      My credit file shows that VWFS closed the account with a £0 balance as of 7th January.* They've reported to all Credit Reference agencies that the account is closed with nothing owed as I've checked.

Comment

That's fair enough, however if you don't pay their invoice then surely Debt agencies and CCJ's follow? I hope I'm wrong!

Comment

R0b sorry for tagging you directly. Looks like VWFS have dragged this back up and I’ve had contact from a solicitor (Blake Morgan). Despite me sending them a copy of the statement I received from VW showing zero balance and confirmation that my account is settled at zero balance with all credit reference agencies, they’re insisting I pay the ‘invoice’ within the next 10 days. Any advice? Is it worth me reporting to FOS? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Could it be that VWFS zeroed the balance and closed the account because they had sold the debt? Earlier posts would indicate that you challenged the original invoice, they offered a 50% discount and you told them no, the invoice needed to be cancelled. Was there any other communication after that before the solicitor got in touch?

I would suggest you contact VWFS to see what happened since receiving your last communication?

Are Blake Morgan suggesting you pay the original invoice directly to VWFS or is this a new invoice from either the solicitors or another agency?

Comment

The ‘debt’ didn’t exist when they closed the account. They reported as closed on 7/1/20. The invoice they raised is dated 17/1/20. Blake Morgan are acting on behalf of VWFS, the ‘debt’ hasn’t been sold on. It’s still VWFS that are requesting payment of the original invoice.
              I’ve sent in an FOS complaint and replied to Blake Morgan to advise them of the fact.

Comment

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but wanted to update you.
                After making first complaint re excess mileage charges to FOS too late, I made a 2nd complaint re invoice being raised AFTER they had confirmed the account was closed with zero balance (this was confirmed via statement sent to me by them and also by them to credit reference agencies). FOS called yesterday to confirm that VWFS have waived the full charge of £566.99 as a ‘gesture of good will’. It’s taken 3 years and a round about way of doing it but they’ve finally dropped the excess charge.

In VWFS’s response to my last complaint, they claimed that the credit reference agencies were informed of account closure as my agreement was finished and I no longer had any financial commitment to them. In their next paragraph, they tried to tell me that I owed the excess mileage under the terms of the agreement they had just confirmed was closed. Shot themselves in the foot massively I believe.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I was prepared to take this to court if needed but some of the tactics and words used by VWFS make you feel like you should just give up.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X