• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination: Excess Miles with Close Brothers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination: Excess Miles with Close Brothers

Hello, I知 hoping someone can give me some advice regarding a voluntary termination with Close Brothers.

I have started the process to voluntary terminate my car. However I have been told I need to pay back 」19,000 plus VAT due to excess miles which is nearly the cost of the car when brought new from the dealership. I can not afford to pay this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Tags: None

Hang on, am I reading that right, 」19,000 worth of excess mileage charges?

What the hell have you been doing, travelling the world?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Unfortunately yes. They stating it is 10p per mile.

Comment

I知 19,000 miles over so expected to pay something but 」19,000 is madness..

Comment

Have you got the letter there? Does it say 」19,000 or 」1,900 ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If the cost is 10p per mile, the excess mileage charges are going to come in at 」1,900 not 」19,000. To incur that amount you would have needed to have done an extra 190,000 miles on the clock.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for confirming Rob. As stated I was expecting a couple of thousand. I will go back to the them and challenge this.

Comment

hi clowders, I see you have done a vt with close motor , im about to do the same thing was just wondering how you got on with them and how long was it before they picked up your car? hope you don't mind me asking as im very nervous about it all

Comment

Hi Tiny Tots

Initially they made it a bit difficult to terminate the agreement. You will need to send a letter or email in addition to any telephone calls.

Generally getting them to collect the car took about four weeks and was relatively pain free. That said, they have continued to charge me for monthly payments stating it is there practice to keep charging until the car is sold at auction - I am trying to deal with this on another thread.

They invoiced for 」163 for damage mainly for the alloys wheels which in fairness were in poor condition. My excess miles were very high and I had to make a complaint to get a written breakdown of them which took about a week. HOWEVER before collecting the car they wanted me to pay for the excess miles and the damage but I said I did not have the money and they stated it would be passed out to a debt collectors as they can not do payment plans. They stated it takes about 7-8 weeks to hear from the debt collectors regarding the payment plan.

Today I have received a notice of arrears which shows 2 months missed payments and 」11,931.70 for reverse future rentals. I am trying to put together a response as I do not agree with either charge but am not getting very far at the moment.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to answer based on my experience.

Comment

Do you have any update on this as I知 an in a similar situation with Close brothers with around 」1900 in excess mileage.*
                    I致e read lots about excess mileage not being chargeable does to section 99 &100 of CCA1974, hate talking to them on the phone and then seem reluctant to do anything by email.*

Thanks in Advance.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X